Features and Benefits
- Single Gain Set Resistor: G = 1 to 10,000
- Gain Error: G = 10, 0.08% Max
- Input Offset Voltage Drift: 0.3µV/°C Max
- Meets IEC 1000-4-2 Level 4 ESD Tests with Two External 5k Resistors
- Gain Nonlinearity: G = 10, 10ppm Max
- Input Offset Voltage: G = 10, 60µV Max
- Input Bias Current: 350pA Max
- PSRR at G = 1: 105dB Min
- CMRR at G = 1: 90dB Min
- Supply Current: 1.3mA Max
- Wide Supply Range: ±2.3V to ±18V
- 1kHz Voltage Noise: 7.5nV/√Hz
- 0.1Hz to 10Hz Noise: 0.28µVP-P
- Available in 8-Pin PDIP and SO Packages
The LT1167 is a low power, precision instrumentation amplifier that requires only one external resistor to set gains of 1 to 10,000. The low voltage noise of 7.5nV/√Hz (at 1kHz) is not compromised by low power dissipation (0.9mA typical for ± 2.3V to ±15V supplies).
The part’s high accuracy (10ppm maximum nonlinearity, 0.08% max gain error (G = 10)) is not degraded even for load resistors as low as 2k. The LT1167 is laser trimmed for very low input offset voltage (40μV max), drift (0.3μV/°C), high CMRR (90dB, G = 1) and PSRR (105dB, G = 1). Low input bias currents of 350pA max are achieved with the use of superbeta processing. The output can handle capacitive loads up to 1000pF in any gain configuration while the inputs are ESD protected up to 13kV (human body). The LT1167 with two external 5k resistors passes the IEC 1000-4-2 level 4 specification.
The LT1167, offered in 8-pin PDIP and SO packages, requires significantly less PC board area than discrete multi op amp and resistor designs.
The LT1167-1 offers the same performance as the LT1167, but its input current characteristic at high common mode voltage better supports applications with high input impedance (see the Applications Information section).
- Bridge Amplifiers
- Strain Gauge Amplifiers
- Thermocouple Amplifiers
- Differential to Single-Ended Converters
- Medical Instrumentation
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Analog Devices provides a line of evaluation boards designed to help users evaluate our instrumentation amplifiers in 8 pin packages. Access the user guide UG-261.
This user guide describes three generic evaluation boards that can be used to evaluate many of Analog Devices instrumentation amplifiers. For information on the performance of a specific instrumentation amplifier, see the data sheet for that instrumentation amplifier.
- 3 generic, easy-to-use evaluation boards
- Shipped with an assortment of Analog Devices in-amps
- Solder in the in-amp to be tested
- Test pins already populated
- Decoupling capacitors already populated
- EVAL-INAMP-62RZ board: Compatible with AD620, AD621, AD622, AD623, AD627, AD8223, AD8225, LT1167, LT1168 and LT6370 in SOIC or PDIP
- EVAL-INAMP-82RZ board: Compatible with AD8221, AD8226, AD8227, AD8228, AD8229, AD8421, AD8428, and AD8429 in SOIC package
- EVAL-INAMP-82RMZ board: Compatible with AD8220, AD8221, AD8226, AD8227, AD8228, AD8236, and AD8421 in MSOP package
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
In-Amp Diamond Plot Tool
The Diamond Plot Tool is a web application that generates a configuration-specific Output Voltage Range vs. Input Common-Mode Voltage graph, also known as the Diamond Plot, for Analog Devices Instrumentation Amplifiers. Based on user inputs such as supply voltage, gain, and input signal range, the tool detects saturation and recommends in-amps for which the input signal is in-range and the configuration is valid. Avoid saturation, find the best in-amp for your design, and save time.
LT1167 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
Technical Articles (5)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.