Features and Benefits
- Automatic Gate voltage adjustment (No Calibration required)
- Supply Voltage (5V to 16.5V)
- Bias both Enhancement or Depletion type devices
- Adjustable Drain Current up to 1.6 A
- Sink or source gate current
- Internal negative voltage generation
- Can be disabled to use external negative rail
- Fast Enable/Disable
- Trigger-out Output for Daisy Chain
- Power-Up and Power-Down Sequencing
- Over/Under Current Alarm with built-in hystresis
- 24 Lead 4mmx4mm QFN Package: 16mm2
HMC980LP4E is an active bias controller that can automatically adjust the gate voltage of an external amplifier to achieve constant bias current. With an integrated controller, HMC980LP4E achieves safe power on/off, disable/enable and automatic supply sequencing ensuring the safety of the external amplifier. It can be used to bias any enhancement and depletion type amplifier operating in Class-A regime with Drain voltages (VDRAIN) from 5V to 16.5V and drain currents (IDRAIN) up to 1.6 A, offering a complete biasing solution.
HMC980LP4E achieves excellent bias stability over supply, temperature and process variations, and eliminates the required calibration procedures usually employed to prevent RF performance degradation due to such variations.
The HMC980LP4E is housed in an RoHS compliant 4x4 mm QFN leadless package with an exposed backside pad to improve thermal characteristics.
- Microwave Radio & VSAT
- Military & Space
- Test Instrumentation
- Fiber Optic Modulator Driver Biasing
- CATV Laser Driver Biasing
- Cellular Base Station
- Wireless Infrastructure Equipment
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Product Selection Guide (1)
Tape & Reel Specification (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.