Features and Benefits
- Automatic gate voltage adjustment (no calibration)
- Supply voltage (5 V to 16.5 V)
- Bias enhancement or depletion mode devices
- Adjustable drain current up to 1.6 A
- Sink or source gate current
- Optional internal negative voltage generation
- Fast enable/disable
- TRIGOUT output for daisy chain
- Power-up and power-down sequencing
- Overcurrent/undercurrent alarm with hysteresis
- 24-lead, 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP package: 16 mm2
The HMC980LP4E is an active bias controller that can automatically adjust the gate voltage of an external amplifier to achieve constant drain current. Using an integrated controller, the HMC980LP4E allows safe power-up/power-down, and disable/enable of an external amplifier, ensuring the safe powering of the amplifier. The HMC980LP4E can be used to bias any enhancement or depletion type Class A amplifier operating with drain voltages from 5 V to 16.5 V and drain currents up to 1.6 A, thus offering a complete biasing solution.
The HMC980LP4E allows stable RF amplifier biasing over supply, temperature, and process variations, and eliminates the required calibration procedures usually employed to prevent RF performance degradation due to variations in amplifier drain current.
The HMC980LP4E is housed in an RoHS compliant 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP leadless package with an exposed backside pad to improve thermal characteristics.
- Microwave radio and very small aperture terminals (VSATs)
- Military and space
- Test instrumentation
- Fiber optic modulator driver biasing
- CATV laser driver biasing
- Cellular base station
- Wireless infrastructure equipment
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Tools & Simulations
Product Selection Guide (1)
Tape & Reel Specification (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.