Features and Benefits
- Passive I/Q mixer
- RF and LO range: 2.5 GHz to 8.5 GHz
- Wide IF range: dc to 4 GHz
- Single-ended RF, LO, and IF
- Conversion loss (downconverter): 9 dB (typical)
- Image rejection: 25 dBc (typical)
- SSB noise figure: 15 dB (typical)
- Input IP3 (downconverter): 20 dBm (typical)
- Input P1dB compression point (downconverter): 13 dBm (typical)
- Input IP2: 58 dBm (typical)
- RF to IF: isolation: 22 dB (typical)
- LO to RF isolation: 48 dB (typical)
- LO to IF isolation: 38 dB (typical)
- Amplitude balance: ± 0.5 dB (typical)
- Phase balance (downconverter): ± 5° (typical)
- RF return loss: 13 dB (typical)
- LO return loss 13 dB (typical)
- IF return loss: 18 dB (typical)
- Exposed pad, 4 mm × 4 mm, 24-terminal, ceramic LCC package
The HMC8193 is a passive, in phase/quadrature (I/Q), monolithic microwave integrated circuit (MMIC) mixer that can be used either as an image rejection mixer for receiver operations, or as a single-sideband upconverter for transmitter operations from 2.5 GHz to 8.5 GHz. The inherent I/Q architecture of the HMC8193 offers excellent image rejection and thereby eliminates the need for expensive filtering of unwanted sidebands. The mixer also provides excellent local oscillator (LO) to radio frequency (RF) and LO to intermediate frequency (IF) isolation and reduces the effect of LO leakage to ensure signal integrity.
Being the HMC8913 is a passive mixer, it does not require any dc power sources. The device offers a lower noise figure than an active mixer, ensuring superior dynamic range for high performance and precision applications.
The HMC8193 is fabricated on a gallium arsenide (GaAs), metal semiconductor field effect transistor (MESFET) process and uses Analog Devices, Inc., mixer cells and a 90° hybrid. It is available in a compact, 4 mm × 4 mm, 24-lead LCC package and operates over the −40°C to +85°C temperature range. An evaluation board for this device is also available.
- Test and measurement instrumentation
- Military, aerospace, and radar
- Direct conversion receivers
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
Product Selection Guide (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.