Features and Benefits
- Passive, wideband I/Q mixer
- RF and LO range: 20 GHz to 42 GHz
- Wide IF bandwidth of dc to 5 GHz
- Single-ended RF, LO, and IF
- Conversion loss: 9 dB typical, 20 GHz to 32 GHz
- Image rejection: 25 dBc typical, 20 GHz to 32 GHz
- Noise figure: 12 dB typical
- Input IP3 (downconverter): 24 dBm typical, 20 GHz to 32 GHz
- Input P1dB (downconverter) compression: 17 dBm typical, 20 GHz to 32 GHz
- Input IP2: 55 dBm typical, 20 GHz to 32 GHz
- LO to RF isolation: 42 dB, 20 GHz to 32 GHz
- LO to IFx isolation: 45 dB, 20 GHz to 32 GHz
- RF to IF isolation: 35 dB, 20 GHz to 32 GHz
- Amplitude balance: ±1 dB typical
- Phase balance (downconverter): ±8° typical
- RF return loss: 12 dB typical
- LO return loss: 10 dB typical
- IFx return loss: 20 dB typical
- Exposed pad, 4.00 mm × 4.00 mm, 25-terminal LGA_CAV package
The HMC8192LG is a passive, wideband, inphase/quadrature (I/Q), monolithic microwave integrated circuit (MMIC) mixer that can be used either as an image rejection mixer for receiver operations or as a single-sideband upconverter for transmitter operations. With a radio frequency (RF) and local oscillator (LO) range of 20 GHz to 42 GHz, and an intermediate frequency (IF) bandwidth of dc to 5 GHz, the HMC8192LG is ideal for applications requiring a wide frequency range, excellent RF performance, and a simple design with fewer components and a small printed circuit board (PCB) footprint. A single HMC8192LG can replace multiple narrow-band mixers in a design.
The inherent I/Q architecture of the HMC8192LG offers excellent image rejection, eliminating the need for expensive filtering for unwanted sidebands. The mixer also provides excellent LO to RF and LO to IF isolation and reduces the effect of LO leakage to ensure signal integrity.
As a passive mixer, the HMC8192LG does not require any dc power sources. The HMC8192LG offers a lower noise figure compared to an active mixer, ensuring superior dynamic range for high performance and precision applications.
The HMC8192LG is fabricated on a gallium arsenide (GaAs), metal semiconductor field effect transistor (MESFET) process and uses Analog Devices, Inc., mixer cells and a 90° hybrid. The HMC8192LG is available in a compact, 4.00 mm × 4.00 mm, 25-terminal land grid array cavity (LGA_CAV) package and operates over a −40°C to +85°C temperature range. The evaluation board for the HMC8192LG, EV1HMC8192LG, is also available on the Analog Devices website.
- Test and measurement instrumentation
- Military, radar, aerospace, and defense applications
- Microwave point to point base stations
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
Product Selection Guide (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.