Features and Benefits
- Continuous time linear equalizer (CTLE) with up to 18 dB equalization
- Loss of signal (LOS) detection with programmable threshold and hysteresis
- Driver performance
Programmable differential swing: 400 mV p-p differential to 900 mV p-p differential
Programmable driver output with up to 12 dB de-emphasis
- Automatic electrical idle and receiver detection
- Output polarity inversion and automatic output squelch
- Single supply (2.5 V or 3.3 V)
- Low power operation: 80 mW per channel
Per lane power-down options
- Flexible configuration interface: pin strap, 2-wire interface, or EEPROM
The HMC7545 is a unidirectional, quad-channel, protocol and data rate agnostic, asynchronous signal conditioner, designed for short and intermediate range optical modules, line cards, and backplane applications operating at up to 14.2 Gbps.
Each channel provides programmable input equalization, LOS and receiver detection, automatic output squelch, programmable output swing and output de-emphasis.
All high speed differential inputs and outputs of the HMC7545 are current mode logic (CML), terminated on-chip with 50 Ω to the positive supply, and can be dc-coupled or ac-coupled.
The device uses a single supply, 2.5 V or 3.5 V, and its typical power dissipation is less than 80 mW per channel.
The HMC7545 is packaged in a 36-lead, 4 mm × 7 mm LFCSP package and operates from -40°C to +85°C.
- QSFP+ direct attach active copper modules
- 10 Gb, 40 Gb Ethernet and OTN line cards
- 10 Gb, 40 Gb backplane drivers
- 8 Gb, 16 Gb Fibre Channel and InfiniBand® EDR line cards and backplane drivers
- 8 Gb, 10 Gb, 16 Gb active optical modules
- 8 Gb, 10 Gb, 16 Gb active copper cable assemblies
- 1.5 Gb, 3 Gb, 6 Gb, 12 Gb SAS/SATA
- PCIe 1.x, 2.0, 3.0
- Broadband and automatic test and measurement
Product Lifecycle Last Time Buy
All products in this family will be obsolete soon. Please contact ADI Sales or Distributors to arrange for final purchases and read our Obsolescence Information to review the time periods for placing final orders and receiving final shipments.
Evaluation Kits (1)
HMC7545AB evaluation board is enables system designers to evaluate the features and specifications via graphical user interface. HMC7545AB runs off a signal supply and GUI allows the designers to validate high performance receive CTLE equalization and transmit de-emphasis capabilities as well as out of band signaling and receive detect functions required by SAS/SATA and PCI Express. The user guide provide detailed description of the evaluation board and GUI.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.