Features and Benefits
- Equivalent input bandwidth: 9.3 GHz typical
- Propagation delay: 85 ps typical
- Overdrive and slew rate dispersion: 10 ps typical
- Input signal minimum pulse width: 60 ps typical
- Resistor programmable hysteresis
- Differential latch control
- Power dissipation: 140 mW typical
- 16-terminal, 3 mm × 3 mm, ceramic leadless chip carrier (LCC)
- 16-lead lead frame chip scale package (LFCSP)
The HMC674LP3E are silicon germanium (SiGe), monolithic, ultrafast comparators that feature reduced swing positive emitter-coupled logic (RSPECL) output drivers and latch inputs. These comparators support 10 Gbps operation and provide 85 ps propagation delay and an input signal minimum pulse width of 60 ps with 0.2 ps rms of random jitter (RJ). Overdrive and slew rate dispersion is typically 10 ps, making the HMC674LP3E ideal for a wide range of applications from ATE to broadband communications. The RSPECL output stages directly drive 400 mV into a 50 Ω resistor terminated to VTT = (VCCO − 2.0 V), where VTT is the PECL termination voltage (see Figure 16). The HMC674LP3E feature a high speed latch and programmable hysteresis. These devices can operate in either latch mode or as a tracking comparator.
- Automatic test equipment (ATE) applications
- High speed instrumentation
- Digital receiver systems
- Pulse spectroscopy
- High speed trigger circuits
- Clock and data restoration
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Tape & Reel Specification (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.