Features and Benefits
- Attenuation range: 1 dB LSB steps to 31 dB
- Insertion loss: 1.7 dB typical at 3 GHz
- Excellent attenuation accuracy: 0.3 dB typical
- High Input linearity
- 0.1dB compression (P0.1dB): 27 dBm typical
- Third-order intercept (IP3): 48 dBm typical
- High power handling: 27 dBm
- Low phase shift: 27° at 3 GHz
- Single-supply operation: 3 V to 5 V
- CMOS-/TTL-compatible parallel control
- 16-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP package
HMC470A-EP supports defense and aerospace applications (AQEC standard)
- Download the HMC470A-EP data sheet (pdf)
- Military temperature range: −55°C to +125°C
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- One assembly/test site
- One fabrication site
- Enhanced product change notification
- Qualification data available on request
- V62/17617 DSCC Drawing Number
The HMC470A is a 5-bit digital attenuator with a 31 dB attenuation control range in 1 dB steps.
The HMC470A offers excellent attenuation accuracy and high input linearity over the specified frequency range from 100 MHz to 3 GHz. However, this digital attenuator features ACG pins for external ac grounding capacitors to extend the operation below 100 MHz.
The HMC470A operates with a single positive supply voltage from 3 V to 5 V and provides CMOS-/TTL-compatible parallel control interface by incorporating an on-chip driver. The HMC470A comes in a RoHS compliant, compact, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP package.
- Cellular infrastructure
- Microwave radios and very small aperture terminals (VSATs)
- Test equipment and sensors
- IF and RF designs
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.