Features and Benefits
- Conversion loss
- 7.5 dB (typical) for 10 GHz to 18 GHz
- 8.5 dB (typical) for 18 GHz to 26 GHz
- LO to RF isolation: 40 dB (typical)
- LO to IF isolation
- 34 dB (typical) for 10 GHz to 18 GHz
- 37 dB (typical) for 18 GHz to 26 GHz
- RF to IF isolation
- 20 dB (typical) for 10 GHz to 18 GHz
- 31 dB (typical) for 18 GHz to 26 GHz
- Input third-order intercept (IP3):
- 18 dBm (typical) for 10 GHz to 18 GHz
- 22 dBm (typical) for 18 GHz to 26 GHz
- Input power for 1 dB compression (P1dB)
- 9.5 dB (typical) for 10 GHz to 18 GHz
- 12 dB (typical) for 18 GHz to 26 GHz
- Conversion loss
- IF bandwidth: dc to 8 GHz
- Passive: no dc bias required
- Small size: 0.94 mm × 0.59 mm × 0.102 mm
The HMC260A is a general-purpose, double balanced mixer chip that can be used as an upconverter or downconverter from 10 GHz to 26 GHz. This miniature monolithic mixer (MMIC) requires no external components or matching circuitry.
The HMC260A provides excellent LO to RF and LO to IF suppression due to optimized balun structures. The mixer operates well with LO drive levels of 13 dBm or above. The HMC260A is also available in SMT format as the HMC260ALC3B.
- Point to point radios
- Point to multipoint radios and very small aperture terminals (VSATs)
- Test equipment and sensors
- Military end use
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.