Features and Benefits
- High output power: 14 dBm typical
- Input power drive: 0 dBm to 10 dBm
- Single sideband (SSB) phase noise at 100 kHz offset: −142 dBc/Hz
- Output frequency (fOUT) isolation
- 16 dBc at fOUT = 15 GHz
- Hermetically sealed module (HSM)
- SMA field replaceable connectors
- −55°C to +85°C operating temperature
The HMC-C056 is a ×2 active broadband frequency multiplier module, using gallium arsenide (GaAs), pseudomorphic high electron mobility transistor (pHEMT) technology in a miniature HSM. When driven by a 6 dBm signal, the multiplier provides 14 dBm typical output power from 8 GHz to 21 GHz. The fOUT isolation is 16 dBc at 15 GHz with respect to the output signal level.
The HMC-C056 is a frequency multiplier, featuring dc blocked inputs/outputs. The HMC-C056 is ideal for use in local oscillator (LO) multiplier chains for point to point and VSAT radios yielding reduced devices count vs. traditional approaches. The low additive SSB phase noise of −142 dBc/Hz at 100 kHz offset has minimal impact on system level noise performance.
- Clock generation applications
- Synchronous optical networking (SONET) optical carrier (OC)-192 and synchronous digital hierarchy (SDH) synchronous transport module (STM)-64
- Point to point and very small aperture terminal (VSAT) radios
- Test instrumentation
- Military electronic warfare and radar
Product Lifecycle Last Time Buy
All products in this family will be obsolete soon. Please contact ADI Sales or Distributors to arrange for final purchases and read our Obsolescence Information to review the time periods for placing final orders and receiving final shipments.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.