Features and Benefits
- Analog Interface and Level Shifting for IC Card Communication
- ±8kV (min) ESD (IEC) Protection on Card Interface Pins
- Ultra-Low Stop-Mode Current, Less Than 10nA (typ)
- Internal IC Card-Supply Voltage Generation
- 5.0V ±5%, 80mA (max)
- 3.0V ±8%, 65mA (max)
- 1.8V ±10%, 30mA (max)
- Automatic Card Activation and Deactivation Controlled by Dedicated Internal Sequencer
- I/O Lines from Host Directly Level Shifted for Smart Card Communication
- Flexible Card Clock Generation, Supporting External Crystal Frequency Divided by 1, 2, 4, or 8
- High-Current/Short-Circuit and High-Temperature Protection
The DS8023 smart card interface IC is a low-cost, low-power, analog front-end for a smart card reader designed for all ISO 7816, EMV*, and GSM11-11 applications. The DS8023 supports 5V, 3V, and 1.8V smart cards, and provides an option for ultra-low stop-mode power consumption. The DS8023 is available in 28-pin TSSOP and SO packages, and can often be used as a replacement for the TDA8024 with little or no application changes.
The DS8023 is designed to interface between a system microcontroller and the smart card interface, providing all power supply, protection, and level shifting required for IC card applications.
- Access Control
- Automated Teller Machines
- Banking Applications
- Debit/Credit Payment Terminals
- Pay/Premium Television
- PIN Pads
- POS Terminals
- Set-Top Box Conditional Access
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.