Features and Benefits
- 8051-Compatible Microprocessor for Secure/Sensitive Applications
- Access 32kB, 64kB, or 128kB of Nonvolatile SRAM for Program and/or Data Storage
- 128 Bytes of RAM
- 128 Bytes of Indirect Scratchpad RAM
- In-System Programming Through On-Chip Serial Port
- Can Modify Its Own Program or Data Memory in the End System
- Firmware Security Features
- Memory Stored in Encrypted Form
- Encryption Using On-Chip 64-Bit Key
- Automatic True Random-Key Generator
- Self-Destruct Input (SDI)
- Top Coating Prevents Microprobing
- Protects Memory Contents from Piracy
- Crash-Proof Operation
- Maintains All Nonvolatile Resources for Over 10 Years (at Room Temperature) in the Absence of Power
- Power-Fail Reset
- Early Warning Power-Fail Interrupt
- Watchdog Timer
The DS5003 secure microprocessor incorporates sophisticated security features including an array of mechanisms that are designed to resist all levels of threat, including observation, analysis, and physical attack. As a result, a massive effort is required to obtain any information about its memory contents. Furthermore, the "soft" nature of the DS5003 allows frequent modification of the secure information, thereby minimizing the value of any secure information obtained by such a massive effort. The device is an enhanced version of the DS5002FP secure microprocessor chip with additional scratchpad RAM.
Note: Designers must have the following documents to fully use all the features of this device. This data sheet contains pin descriptions, feature overviews, and electrical specifications. Errata sheets contain deviations from published specifications. The user's guides offer detailed information about device features and operation.
- DS5003 IC data sheet
- DS5003 revision-specific errata sheet (Click here for availability)
- Secure Microcontroller User's Guide
- Any Application Requiring Software Protection
- Gaming Machines
- PIN Pads
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
DS5003 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.