Features and Benefits
- Partitioning of Memory Provides Greater Flexibility in Programming User Data
- 1024 Bits of EEPROM Memory Organized as Four Pages of 256 Bits
- Individual Memory Pages Can Be Permanently Write Protected or Put in EPROM-Emulation Mode (Write to 0)
- Advanced 1-Wire Protocol Minimizes Interface to Just Single IO Reducing Required Pin Count and Enhancing Reliability
- Unique Factory-Programmed, Unalterable 64-Bit Identification Number
- Switchpoint Hysteresis and Filtering to Optimize Performance in the Presence of Noise
- Communicates to Host with a Single Digital Signal at 15.4kbps or 125kbps Using 1-Wire Protocol
- Reads and Writes over a Wide Voltage Range from 3.0V to 5.25V from -40°C to +85°C
- ±8kV HBM ESD Protection (typ) for IO Pin
The DS28E07 is a 1024-bit, 1-Wire® EEPROM chip organized as four memory pages of 256 bits each. Data is written to an 8-byte scratchpad, verified, and then copied to the EEPROM memory. As a special feature, the four user memory pages can individually be write protected or put in EPROM-emulation mode, where bits can only be changed from a 1 to a 0 state. Each device has its own guaranteed unique 64-bit ROM identification number (ROM ID) that is factory programmed into the chip. The communication follows the 1-Wire protocol with the ROM ID acting as node address in the case of a multiple-device 1-Wire network.
- Accessory/PCB Identification
- After-Market Management of Consumables
- Analog Sensor Calibration Including IEEE P1451.4 Smart Sensors
- Ink and Toner Print Cartridge Identification
- Medical Sensor Calibration Data Storage
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
DS28E07 Reliability Data1/12/2023
Secure Authentication for Medical Disposables4/5/2019
Injection Molding an IC into a Connector or Consumable Item8/3/2010
Easily Add Memory, Security, Monitoring, and Control to Medical Sensors and Consumables5/10/2010
Overview of 1-Wire Technology and Its Use6/19/2008
Using a UART to Implement a 1-Wire Bus Master9/10/2002
Guidelines for Reliable Long Line 1-Wire Networks11/16/2001
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.