Features and Benefits
- Five 30mA Open-Drain Drivers for Driving LED Fuel-Gauge Display
- Debounced Fuel-Gauge Display Enable
- Internal Voltage Measurement Gain Register for Trimming External Voltage-Divider
- Pin for Driving FETs to Enable Voltage-Divider Only During Voltage Measurement, Conserving Power
- Precision Voltage, Temperature, and Current Measurement System
- Accurate, Temperature-Stable, Internal Time Base
- Absolute and Relative Capacity Estimated from Coulomb Count, Discharge Rate, Temperature, and Battery Cell Characteristics
- Accurate Warning of Low Battery Conditions
- Automatic Backup of Coulomb Count and Age Estimation to Nonvolatile (NV) EEPROM
- Gain and Tempco Calibration Allows the Use of Low-Cost Sense Resistors
- 24-Byte Battery/Application Parameter EEPROM
- 16-Byte User EEPROM
- Unique ID and Multidrop 1-Wire® Interface
- 14-Pin TSSOP Package
The DS2788 measures voltage, temperature, and current, and estimates available capacity for rechargeable lithium-ion (Li+) and Li+ polymer batteries. Cell characteristics and application parameters used in the calculations are stored in on-chip EEPROM. The available capacity registers report a conservative estimate of the amount of charge that can be removed given the current temperature, discharge rate, stored charge, and application parameters. Capacity estimation is reported in mAh remaining and percentage of full.
LED display drivers and a debounced input make display of the capacity information easy. The LED pins can directly sink current, requiring only a resistor for setting the current in the LED display, thus reducing space and cost.
- Digital Cameras
- Electric Bicycles
- Electric Vehicles
- Power Tools
- Uninterruptible Power Supply
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.