Features and Benefits
- Meets All SFF-8472 Control and Monitoring Requirements
- Four Analog Monitor Channels: Temperature, VCC, RSSI1, RSSI2
- RSSI1 and RSSI2 Support Internal and External Calibration
- Differential Input
- Common-Mode Range from GND to VCC
- Scalable Dynamic Range
- Internal Direct-to-Digital Temperature Sensor
- Alarm and Warning Flags for All Monitored Channels
- Two 10-Bit Delta-Sigma Outputs
- Each Controlled by 72-Entry Temperature LUT
- Digital I/O Pins: Four Inputs, Four Outputs
- Comprehensive Loss-of-Signal (LOS) Detection System
- Flexible, Two-Level Password Scheme Provides Three Levels of Security
- 120 Bytes of Password-1 Protected Memory
- 128 Bytes of Password-2 Protected Memory in Main Device Address
- 256 Additional Bytes Located at A0h Slave Address
- Receiver 1 is Accessed at A2h Slave Address
- Receiver 2 is Accessed at B2h Slave Address
- I²C-Compatible Interface
- +2.85V to +3.9V Operating Voltage Range
- -40°C to +95°C Operating Temperature Range
- 28-Pin TQFN (5mm x 5mm x 0.75mm) Package
The DS1877 controls and monitors all functions for SFF, SFP, and SFP+ modules including all SFF-8472 functionality. The device supports all LOS functions for two receivers, and continually monitors for LOS of either channel. Four ADC channels monitor VCC, temperature, and two differential external monitor inputs that can be used to meet all monitoring requirements. Two digital-to-analog converter (DAC) outputs with temperature-indexed lookup tables (LUTs) are available for additional monitoring and control functionality.
- Dual Rx Video SFPs
- SFF, SFP, and SFP+ Transceiver Modules
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.