Features and Benefits
- Meets All SFF-8472 Transmitter Control and Monitoring Requirements
- Six Analog Monitor Channels: Temperature, VCC, PMON1, BMON1, PMON2, BMON2
- PMON_ and BMON_ Support Internal and External Calibration
- Scalable Dynamic Range
- Internal Direct-to-Digital Temperature Sensor
- Alarm and Warning Flags for All Monitored Channels
- Six Quick Trips for Fast Monitoring of Critical Functions for Laser Safety
- Four 10-Bit Delta-Sigma Outputs
- Each Controlled by 72-Entry Temperature Lookup Table (LUT)
- Digital I/O Pins: Six Inputs, Five Outputs
- Comprehensive Fault Measurement System with Maskable Laser Shutdown Capability
- Flexible, Two-Level Password Scheme Provides Three Levels of Security
- 256 Additional Bytes Located at A0h Slave Address
- Transmitter 1 Is Accessed at A2h Slave Address
- Transmitter 2 Is Accessed at B2h Slave Address
- I²C-Compatible Interface
- +2.85V to +3.9V Operating Voltage Range
- -40°C to +95°C Operating Temperature Range
- 28-Pin TQFN (5mm x 5mm x 0.8mm) Package
The DS1876 controls and monitors all functions for dual transmitter modules. The memory map is based on SFF-8472. The DS1876 supports APC and modulation control and eye safety functionality for two laser drivers. It continually monitors for high output current, high bias current, and low and high transmit power to ensure that laser shutdown for eye safety requirements are met without adding external components. Six ADC channels monitor VCC, temperature, and four external monitor inputs that can be used to meet all monitoring requirements.
- Dual Tx Video SFP Modules
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.