Features and Benefits
- Excellent null offset stability over temperature
- High vibration rejection over a wide frequency range
- 2000 g powered shock survivability
- SPI digital output with 16-bit data-word
- Low noise
- Continuous self-test
- Fail-safe functions
- Temperature sensor
- 3.3 V and 5 V operation
- −40°C to +105°C operation
- Small, low-profile industry standard SOIC package provides yaw rate (Z-axis) response
- Innovative ceramic vertical mount package (VMP) provides pitch and roll rate response
- Qualified for automotive applications
The ADXRS800 is an angular rate sensor (gyroscope) intended for automotive electronic stability control, vehicle rollover detection, and other high performance applications. An advanced, differential, quad-sensor design rejects the influence of linear acceleration, enabling the ADXRS800 to operate in exceedingly harsh environments where shock and vibration are present.
The ADXRS800 uses an internal, continuous self-test archi-tecture. The integrity of the electromechanical system is checked by applying a high frequency electrostatic force to the sense structure to generate a rate signal that can be differentiated from the baseband rate data and internally analyzed.
The ADXRS800 is capable of sensing an angular rate of up to ±300°/sec. Angular rate data is presented as a 16-bit word, as part of a 32-bit SPI message.
The ADXRS800 is available in a cavity plastic SOIC-16 and an SMT-compatible vertical mount package and is capable of operating across both a wide voltage range (3.3 V to 5 V) and temperature range (−40°C to 105°C).
- Electronic stability control
- High performance platform stabilization
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.