Features and Benefits
- User configurable sensor range: ±1.6 g, ±16 g
- PSI5 Communication Protocol Version 2.1 compliant
- Asynchronous operation: PSI5-A10P-250/1L
- Synchronous operation: PSI5-P10P-500/3L and others
- Daisy-chain operation with bidirectional communication
- Backward compliant with PSI5 Version 1.3
- Selectable 16- or 10-bit sensor data
- 0.25 μs data interpolation routine
- User selectable, continuous auto-zero operation
- Electromechanical sensor self test
- High resistance to EMI/RFI
- 4.5 V to 16.5 V operation
- Electronic serial number Qualified for automotive applications
The ADXL716 is a g range configurable single-axis integrated satellite sensor, compliant to the Peripheral Sensor Interface 5 (PSI5) Version 2.1 specification. The ADXL716 (x-axis) enables low cost solutions for active suspension satellite sensor applications. Acceleration data is sent to the control module via a digital 2-wire current loop interface bus.
The device utilizes an error correcting code (ECC) protected one-time programmable (OTP) memory. The g range of the sensor is configurable to provide full-scale acceleration measurement of ±1.6 g or ±16 g. Additionally, the device can be configured to transmit data from multiple g ranges during predefined time slots, in accordance with the PSI5 specification. The device transmits 10-bit or 16-bit acceleration data to the control module, and can be configured to include either a 1-bit parity check, or a 3-bit cyclic redundancy check (CRC). Each device has a unique electronic serial number.
The ADXL716 is available in a 12-lead, 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP package. The ADXL716 is specified to operate over the full automotive temperature range, from −40°C to +125°C.Applications
- Active/adaptive suspension
- Engine vibration support
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.