Features and Benefits
- High performance, triaxial digital output accelerometer
- ±14.2 g full-scale range at 16-bit resolution (0.434 mg/LSB)
- 2 kHz output sample rate with optional data FIFOs
- Programmable filter response
- 20 Hz, 46 Hz, 92 Hz, 184 Hz
- Continuous electromechanical self test
- Additional key-on and on demand self test routines
- Temperature compensated, high precision zero-g bias and sensitivity performance
- X-/Y-/Z-axis offset adjust
- Low quiescent current draw
- High linearity performance
- Qualified for automotive applications
- −40°C to +105°C temperature range
The ADXL703 device is a high precision, triaxial accelerometer designed for electronic stability control and other high performance applications. A built in temperature compensation routine ensures sensitivity stability to better than ±3% across the entire temperature range. The ADXL703 is designed with selectable −3 dB filter corner frequencies to satisfy a range of applications, and the 2 kHz output data rate allows sufficient oversampling of the acceleration information.
The acceleration data output from the device is a true 16-bit word and is contained in a 32-bit SPI transaction. The SPI interface contains additional fault detection bits and data formatting bits designed to assist high reliability applications. SPI communications are compatible up to 8 MHz. The 16-bit acceleration data-word offers a resolution of 0.434 mg/LSB for the ±14.2 g full-scale range of the device.
The ADXL703 is available in an SOIC package with an inverted paddle for improved EMI/RFI robustness. The ADXL703 operates at both 3.3 V and 5 V, and is specified to operate across the full automotive temperature range of −40°C to +105°C.
- Vehicle dynamic control (VDC)
- Electronic stability program (ESP)
- Electronic chassis control
- Platform stabilization/leveling
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.