Features and Benefits
- ±14.2 g full-scale range at 16-bit resolution (0.434 mg/LSB)
- 2 kHz output sample rate with optional data FIFOs
- Programmable filter response
20 Hz, 46 Hz, 92 Hz, 184 Hz
- Continuous electromechanical self test
Additional key-on and on demand self test routines
- High performance, z-axis digital output accelerometer
- Z-axis offset adjust
- Low quiescent current draw
- High linearity performance
- Qualified for automotive applications
- −40°C to +105°C temperature range
The ADXL701 device is a high precision, single z-axis accelerometer designed for vehicle rollover detection and other high performance applications. The ADXL701 provides offset stability to better than ±500 mg and sensitivity stability to better than 5% across the entire temperature range. The ADXL701 is designed with selectable −3 dB filter corner frequencies to satisfy a range of applications, and the 2 kHz output data rate allows sufficient oversampling of the acceleration information.
The acceleration data output from the device is a true 16-bit word and is contained in a 32-bit SPI transaction. The SPI interface contains additional fault detection bits and data formatting bits designed to assist high reliability applications. SPI communications are compatible up to 8 MHz. The 16-bit acceleration data-word offers a resolution of 0.434 mg/LSB for the ±14.2 g full-scale range of the device.
The ADXL701 is available in an SOIC package with an inverted paddle for improved EMI/RFI robustness. The ADXL701 operates at nominal power supplies of 3.3 V and 5 V, and is specified to operate across the full automotive temperature range of −40°C to +105°C.
- Vehicle rollover detection
- Platform stabilization/leveling
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Documentation & Resources
How to Improve the Accuracy of Inclination Measurement Using an Accelerometer2/6/2018 Analog Dialogue