Features and Benefits
- ±400 g measurement range
- 160 Hz to 2560 Hz user selectable bandwidth with 4-pole antialiasing filter
- Selectable oversampling ratio
- Adjustable high-pass filter
- Ultra Low power
- Power can be derived from a coin cell battery
- 19 μA at 2560 Hz ODR, 2.5 V supply
- Low power wake-up mode for low g activity detection
- 1.4 μA instant on mode with adjustable threshold
- 0.1 μA standby mode
- Built-in features for system level power savings
- Autonomous interrupt processing without processor intervention
- Ultra low power event monitoring: detects impacts and wakes up fast enough to capture the transient events
- Adjustable low g threshold activity and inactivity detection
- Wide operating voltage range: 1.6 V to 3.5 V
- Acceleration sample synchronization via external trigger
- SPI digital interface and I2C interface format support
- 12-bit output at 200 mg/LSB scale factor
- Wide temperature range: −40°C to +105°C
- Small, thin 3.00 mm × 3.25 mm × 1.06 mm package
The ADXL373 is an ultra low power, 3-axis, ±400 g microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) accelerometer that consumes 19 μA at a 2560 Hz output data rate (ODR). The ADXL373 does not power cycle its front end to achieve its low power operation and therefore does not run the risk of aliasing the output of the sensor.
In addition to its ultra low power consumption, the ADXL373 enables impact detection while providing system level power reduction.
Two additional lower power modes with interrupt driven, wake-up features are available for monitoring motion during periods of inactivity. In wake-up mode, acceleration data can be averaged to obtain a low enough output noise to trigger on low g thresholds. In instant on mode, the ADXL373 consumes 1.4 μA while continuously monitoring the environment for impacts. When an impact event that exceeds the internally set threshold is detected, the device switches to normal operating mode fast enough to record the event.
High g applications tend to experience acceleration content over a wide range of frequencies. The ADXL373 includes a four-pole, low-pass antialiasing filter to attenuate out-of-band signals that are common in high g applications. The ADXL373 also incorporates a high-pass filter to eliminate initial and slow changing errors such as ambient temperature drift.
The ADXL373 provides 12-bit output data at 200 mg/LSB scale factor. The user can access configuration and data registers via the serial peripheral interface (SPI) or I2C protocol. The ADXL373 operates over a wide supply voltage range and is available in a 3.00 mm × 3.25 mm × 1.06 mm package.
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADXL373Z is a simple evaluation board that allows quick evaluation of the performance of the ADXL373 micropower, 3-axis, ±400 g, digital output, microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) accelerometer.
The EVAL-ADXL373Z is ideal for evaluation of the ADXL373 in an existing system because the stiffness and the small size of the evaluation board minimize the effect of the board on both the system and acceleration measurements.
For full details on the ADXL373, see the ADXL373 data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with the user guide when using these evaluation boards.
Features & Benefits
- 2 sets of spaced vias for population of the 5-pin headers
- Simply attached to prototyping board or PCB
- Small size and board stiffness minimize impact on the system and acceleration measurements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.