Features and Benefits
- Small and thin 4 mm × 4 mm × 1.45 mm LFCSP package
- 2 mg resolution at 60 Hz
- Wide supply voltage range: 2.4 V to 5.25 V
- Low power: 350 µA at Vs = 2.4 V (typ)
- Good zero gbias stability
- Good sensitivity accuracy
- X-axis and Y-axis aligned to within 0.1° (typ)
- BW adjustment with a single capacitor
- Single-supply operation
- 10,000 g shock survival
- Compatible with Sn/Pb and Pb-free solder processes
Product DetailsThe ADXL320 is a low cost, low power, complete dual-axis accelerometer with signal conditioned voltage outputs, which is all on a single monolithic IC. The product measures acceleration with a full-scale range of ±5g (typical). It can also measure both dynamic acceleration (vibration) and static acceleration (gravity)
The ADXL320’s typical noise floor is 250 µg/√Hz, allowing signals below 2 mg to be resolved in tilt-sensing applications using narrow bandwidths (<60 Hz).
The user selects the bandwidth of the accelerometer using capacitors CX and CY at the XOUT and YOUT pins. Bandwidths of 0.5 Hz to 2.5 kHz may be selected to suit the application.
The ADXL320 is available in a very thin 4 mm × 4 mm × 1.45 mm, 16-lead, plastic LFCSPBenefits:
- Two axis accelerometer in small (4mm x 4mm x 1.45mm) LFCSP package allows adding inertial sensing in space-critical handheld devices
- Low power and wide supply voltage range (2.4V to 5.25V) for battery powered applications
- Innovative circuit design provides sensitivity, zero-g bias stability over temperature - eliminates need for external compensation
- Cost-sensitive motion- and tilt-sensing applications
- Smart hand-held devices
- Mobile phones
- Sports and health-related devices
- PC security and PC peripherals
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.