Features and Benefits
- Small and thin 4 mm × 4 mm × 1.45 mm LFCSP package
- 2 mg resolution at 60 √Hz
- Wide supply voltage range: 2.4 V to 5.25 V
- Low power: 350 µA at Vs = 2.4 V (typ)
- Good zero gbias stability
- Good sensitivity accuracy
- X-axis and Y-axis aligned to within 0.1° (typ)
- BW adjustment with a single capacitor
- Single-supply operation
- 10,000 g shock survival
- Compatible with Sn/Pb and Pb-free solder processes
The ADXL320 is a low cost, low power, complete dual-axis accelerometer with signal conditioned voltage outputs, which is all on a single monolithic IC. The product measures acceleration with a full-scale range of ±5g (typical). It can also measure both dynamic acceleration (vibration) and static acceleration (gravity)
The ADXL320’s typical noise floor is 250 µg/√Hz, allowing signals below 2 mg to be resolved in tilt-sensing applications using narrow bandwidths (<60 Hz).
The user selects the bandwidth of the accelerometer using capacitors CX and CY at the XOUT and YOUT pins. Bandwidths of 0.5 Hz to 2.5 kHz may be selected to suit the application.
The ADXL320 is available in a very thin 4 mm × 4 mm × 1.45 mm, 16-lead, plastic LFCSP
- Two axis accelerometer in small (4mm x 4mm x 1.45mm) LFCSP package allows adding inertial sensing in space-critical handheld devices
- Low power and wide supply voltage range (2.4V to 5.25V) for battery powered applications
- Innovative circuit design provides sensitivity, zero-g bias stability over temperature - eliminates need for external compensation
- Cost-sensitive motion- and tilt-sensing applications
- Smart hand-held devices
- Mobile phones
- Sports and health-related devices
- PC security and PC peripherals
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Documentation & Resources
Using Dual-Axis Accelerometers to Protect Hard Disk Drives11/1/2005 Analog Dialogue
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.