Features and Benefits
- 3-axis sensing with ±16 g minimum measurement range
- Small, low profile package
- 12-lead, 4 mm × 4 mm × 1.45 mm LFCSP
- Low quiescent supply current: 350 µA typical
- Single-supply operation: 1.8 V to 3.6 V
- 10,000 g shock survival
- Excellent temperature stability
- Bandwidth (BW) adjustment with a single capacitor per axis
- RoHS/WEEE lead-free compliant
- −40°C to +105°C operating temperature range
- Qualified for automotive applications
The ADXL316 is a small, thin, low power, complete 3-axis accelerometer with signal conditioned voltage outputs. The product measures acceleration with a minimum measurement range of ±16 g. It can measure the static acceleration of gravity in tilt sensing applications, as well as dynamic acceleration resulting from motion, shock, or vibration.
The user selects the bandwidth of the accelerometer using the CX, CY, and CZ capacitors at the XOUT, YOUT, and ZOUT pins. Bandwidths can be selected to suit the application, with a range of 0.5 Hz to 1600 Hz for the x and y axes, and a range of 0.5 Hz to 550 Hz for the z axis.
The ADXL316 is available in a small, low profile, 4 mm × 4 mm × 1.45 mm, 12-lead, plastic lead frame chip scale package (LFCSP).
- Cost sensitive, low power, motion and tilt sensing applications
- Mobile devices
- Gaming systems
- Disk drive protection
- Image stabilization
- Active noise control (ANC)
- Sports and health devices
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.