Features and Benefits
- High performance, single-/dual-axis accelerometer on a single IC chip
- 5 mm × 5 mm × 2 mm LCC package
- 1 mg resolution at 60 Hz Low power: 700 μA at VS = 5 V (typical)
- High sensitivity accuracy –40°C to +125°C temperature range
- High zero g bias stability
- Pulse Width Modulated Digital Outputs
- BW adjustment with a single capacitor
- Single-supply operation
- 3500 g shock survival RoHS-compliant
- Compatible with Sn/Pb- and Pb-free solder processes
The ADXL212 is a high precision, low power, complete single- and dual-axis accelerometers with duty cycle modulated outputs, all on a single, monolithic IC. The ADXL212 measure acceleration with a full-scale range of ±2g. The ADXL212 can measure both dynamic acceleration (for example, vibration) and static acceleration (for example, gravity). The typical noise floor is 110 μg/√Hz, allowing signals below 1 mg (0.06° of inclination) to be resolved in tilt sensing applications using narrow bandwidths (<60 Hz). The user selects the bandwidth of the accelerometer using Capacitor CX and Capacitor CY at the XFILT and YFILT pins. Bandwidths of 0.5 Hz to 2.5 kHz may be selected to suit the application. The ADXL212 available in 5 mm × 5 mm × 2 mm, 8-pad hermetic LCC packages.
- Automotive tilt alarms
- Vehicle dynamic control (VDC)/electronic stability program (ESP) systems
- Electronic chassis control
- Electronic braking
- Data projectors
- Platform stabilization/leveling
- Alarms and motion detectors
- High accuracy, 2-axis tilt sensing
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.