Features and Benefits
- High performance, dual-axis accelerometer on a single IC chip
- Specified at Vs=3.3V
- 5 mm × 5 mm × 2 mm LCC package
- Better than 2 mg resolution at 60 Hz
- Low power: 500 µA at VS = 3.3 V (typical)
- High zero g bias stability
- High sensitivity accuracy
- –40°C to +125°C temperature range
- X-axis and Y- axis aligned to within 0.1° (typical)
- BW adjustment with a single capacitor
- Single-supply operation
- 3500 g shock survival
The ADXL204 is a high precision, low power, complete dual-axis accelerometer with signal-conditioned voltage outputs, all on a single monolithic IC. Like the ADXL203, it measures acceleration with a full-scale range of ±1.7 g; however, the ADXL204 is tested and specified for 3.3 V supply voltage, whereas the ADXL203 is tested and specified at 5 V. Both parts function well over a wide 3 V to 6 V operating voltage range. The ADXL204 can measure both dynamic acceleration (for example, vibration) and static acceleration (for example, gravity).
The typical noise floor is 170 µg/√Hz, allowing signals below 2 mg (0.1° of inclination) to be resolved in tilt sensing applications using narrow bandwidths (<60 Hz).
The user selects the bandwidth of the accelerometer using Capacitor CX and Capacitor CY at the XOUT and YOUT pins. Bandwidths of 0.5 Hz to 2.5 kHz can be selected to suit the application.
The ADXL204 is available in a 5 mm × 5 mm × 2 mm, 8-terminal hermetic LCC package.
- Vehicle dynamic control (VDC)/electronic stability program (ESP) systems
- Electronic chassis controls
- Electronic braking
- Platform stabilization/leveling
- Alarms and motion detectors
- High accuracy, 2-axis tilt sensing
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.