Features and Benefits
- User configurable sensor range
- ±120 g, ±240 g, and ±480 g
- PSI5 communication protocol, V2.1 compliant
- Asynchronous operation—PSI5-A10P-250/1L
- Synchronous operation—PSI5-P10P-500/3L and others
- Daisy-chain operation with bidirectional communication
- Backwards compliant with PSI5 V1.3
- Selectable 10- or 16-bit sensor data
- High accuracy interpolation routine
- User selectable, continuous auto-zero operation
- Electromechanical sensor self-test
- High resistance to electromagnetic interference (EMI)/ radio frequency interference (RFI)
- 4.5 V to 16.5 V operation
- Electronic serial number
- Qualified for automotive applications
The ADXL152 is a g range configurable single-axis integrated satellite sensor, compliant to the PSI5 V2.1 specification. The ADXL152 enables low cost solutions for front and side impact airbag satellite sensor applications. Acceleration data is sent to the control module via a digital 2-wire current loop interface bus.
The g range of the sensor is configurable to provide full-scale acceleration measurements of ±120 g, ±240 g, or ±480 g. Additionally, the device can be configured to transmit data from multiple g ranges during predefined time slots, in accordance with the PSI5 specification. The device transmits 10- or 16-bit acceleration data to the control module, and can be configured to include either a 1-bit parity check, or a 3-bit cyclic redundancy check (CRC). The ADXL152 has a unique electronic serial number.
The ADXL152 is available in a 12-lead, 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP package. The device is specified to operate over the full automotive temperature range, from −40°C to +125°C.
- Front impact crash sensing
- Side impact crash sensing
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.