Features and Benefits
- PSI5 communication protocol, V2.1 compliant
- Asynchronous operation—PSI5-A10P-250/1L
- Synchronous operation—PSI5-P10P-500/3L and others
- Daisy-chain operation with bidirectional communication
- Backwards compliant with PSI5 V1.3
- User configurable sensor range
- ±120 g, ±240 g, and ±480 g
- Selectable 10- or 16-bit sensor data
- High accuracy interpolation routine
- User-selectable, continuous auto-zero operation
- Qualified for automotive applications
- See data sheet for additional features
The ADXL151 is a g range configurable single axis integrated satellite sensor, compliant to the PSI5 V2.1 specification. The ADXL151 enables low cost solutions for front and side impact airbag satellite sensor applications. Acceleration data is sent to the control module via a digital 2-wire current loop interface bus.
The g range of the sensor is configurable to provide full-scale acceleration measurements of ±120 g, ±240 g, or ±480 g. Additionally, the device can be configured to transmit data from multiple g ranges during predefined time slots, in accordance with the PSI5 specification. The device transmits 10- or 16-bit acceleration data to the control module, and can be configured to include either a 1-bit parity check, or a 3-bit cyclic redundancy check (CRC). The ADXL151 has a unique electronic serial number.
The ADXL151 is available in a 12-lead, 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP package. The device is specified to operate over the full automotive temperature range, from −40°C to +125°C.
- Front impact crash sensing
- Side impact crash sensing
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.