Features and Benefits
- High performance, single-axis accelerometer on a single IC chip
- 5 mm × 5 mm × 2 mm LCC package
- 1 mg resolution at 60 Hz
- Low power: 700 µA at VS = 5 V (typical)
- High zero g bias stability
- High sensitivity accuracy
- –40°C to +125°C temperature range
- X and Y axes aligned to within 0.1° (typical)
- Bandwith adjustment with a single capacitor
- Single-supply operation
- 3500 g shock survival
- Compatible with Sn/Pb- and Pb-free solder processes
The ADXL103 is a high precision, low power, complete single-axis accelerometer with signal conditioned voltage outputs, all on a single, monolithic IC. The ADXL103 measures acceleration with a full-scale range of ±1.7 g, ±5 g, or ±18 g. The ADXL103 can measure both dynamic acceleration (for example, vibration) and static acceleration (for example, gravity).
The typical noise floor is 110 μg/√Hz, allowing signals below 1 mg (0.06° of inclination) to be resolved in tilt sensing applications using narrow bandwidths (<60 Hz).
The user selects the bandwidth of the accelerometer using Capacitor CX and Capacitor CY at the XOUT and YOUT pins. Bandwidths of 0.5 Hz to 2.5 kHz can be selected to suit the application.
The ADXL103 is available in a 5 mm × 5 mm × 2 mm, 8-terminal ceramic LCC package.
- Platform stabilization/leveling
- Alarms and motion detectors
- High accuracy, 2-axis tilt sensing
- Vibration monitoring and compensation
- Abuse event detection
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Application Notes (4)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.