Features and Benefits
- Single, in-plane axis accelerometer with analog output
- Full-scale range: ±200 g
- Linear frequency response range: dc to 15 kHz typical (3 dB point)
- Resonant frequency: 28 kHz typical
- Ultralow noise density 45 μg/√Hz
- Overrange sensing plus dc coupling allows fast recovery time
- Complete electromechanical self test
- Sensitivity performance
- Sensitivity stability over temperature within ± 5%
- Linearity to ±0.2% of full-scale range
- Cross-axis sensitivity ± 1%/± 0.8% (z-axis acceleration effect on x-axis, y-axis acceleration effect on x-axis)
- Single-supply operation
- Output voltage ratiometric to supply
- Low power consumption: 1.0 mA typical
- Power saving standby operation mode with fast recovery
- RoHS compliant
- −40°C to +125°C temperature range
- 32-lead, 5 mm × 5 mm × 1.8 mm LFCSP package
The ADXL1003 delivers ultralow noise density over an extended frequency range and is optimized for bearing fault detection and diagnostics. The ADXL1003 has typical noise density of 45 μg/√Hz across the linear frequency range. Microelectronicmechanical systems (MEMS) accelerometers have stable and repeatable sensitivity, and are immune to external shocks up to 10,000 g.
The integrated signal conditioning electronics enable such features as full electrostatic self test (ST) and an overrange (OR) indicator, useful for embedded applications. With low power and single-supply operation of 3.0 V to 5.25 V, the ADXL1003 also enables wireless sensing product design. The ADXL1003 is available in a 5 mm × 5 mm × 1.8 mm LFCSP package, and operates over the −40°C to +125°C temperature range.
- Condition monitoring
- Predictive maintenance
- Asset health
- Test and measurement
- Health usage monitoring system (HUMSs)
- Acoustic emissions
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADXL100xZ is a simple evaluation board that allows users to quickly evaluate the performance of the ADXL1003 vibration sensor. The EVAL-ADXL100xZ is designed to mount on to a mechanical shaker and is constructed of an extra thick PCB, measuring 0.8" × 0.8". Screw holes are supplied for rigid mounting to the shaker block. This design allows users to evaluate the full performance range of the ADXL1003 vibration sensor without needing to solder the device to a separate test board. A simple RC low-pass filter is provided at the output with a −3 dB bandwidth determined by the selected device under test. Components can be replaced to allow users to implement their own application specific low-pass filter on the output of the device. Full details on the microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) ADXL1003 accelerometer is provided in the data sheet.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.