Features and Benefits
- Low power HDMI™/DVI transmitter ideal for portable applications
- CEC controller and buffer reduce system overhead
- Incorporates HDMI™ technology
- Compatible with DVI v.1.0, and HDCP 1.3
- Supports x.v.Color™
- Single 1.8 V power supply
- Video/audio inputs accept logic levels from 1.8 V to 3.3 V
- 80 MHz operation supports all HDTV resolutions from 480i to 1080i
- Programmable 2-way color space converter
- Supports RGB, YCbCr, and DDR
- Supports ITU656-based embedded syncs
- Automatic input video format timing detection (CEA-861D)
- Supports standard S/PDIF for stereo LPCM or compressed audio up to 192 kHz
- 8-channel, uncompressed LPCM I2S audio up to 192 kHz
- Embedded HDCP Keys
- On-chip MPU with I2C master to perform HDCP operations and EDID reading operations
- 5 V tolerant I2C and HPD I/Os, no extra device needed
- No audio master clock needed for supporting
- S/PDIF and I2S
- On-chip MPU reports HDMI events through interrupts and registers
Product DetailsThe ADV7520 is an 80 MHz, High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI®) transmitter with consumer electronic control (CEC). It supports HDTV formats up to 720p and 1080i and computer graphic resolutions up to XGA (1024 × 768 @ 75 Hz). With the inclusion of embedded HDCP keys, the ADV7520 allows the secure transmission of protected content, as specified by the HDCP 1.3 protocol.
The ADV7520 supports both S/PDIF and 8-channel I2S audio. Its high fidelity, 8-channel I2S can transmit either stereo or 7.1 surround audio at 192 kHz. The S/PDIF can carry stereo linear pulse-code modulation (LPCM) audio or compressed audio, including Dolby® Digital and DTS®.
The ADV7520 helps reduce system design complexity and cost by incorporating such features as an internal microprocessor for high-bandwidth digital content protection (HDCP) operations, an I2C® master for extended display identification data (EDID) reading, a single 1.8 V power supply, and 5 V tolerance on the I2 and hot plug detect pins. For additional information and resources, see the Applications Information section.
Fabricated in an advanced CMOS process, the ADV7520 is available in a space saving, 64-lead LFCSP. The package is RoHS compliant and is specified for −25°C to +85°C operation.
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.