Features and Benefits
- Four 10-bit ADCs sampling up to 140 MHz
- 12 analog input channel mux & SCART fast blank support
- Internal Anti-Alias Filters
- NTSC/PAL/SECAM color standards support
- 720p-/1080i-component HDTV support
- Digitizes RGB graphics up to 1280 × 1024 @ 75 Hz (SXGA)
- 525p-/625p-component progressive scan support
- 24-bit digital input port supports data from DVI/HDMI Rx IC
- Any-to-any, 3 × 3 color-space conversion matrix
- Industrial temperature range (−40°C to +85°C)
- 12-bit 4:4:4/8-bit 4:2:2 DDR pixel output interface
- VBI data slicer (including TeleText)
The ADV7401 is a high quality, single chip, multiformat video decoder and graphics digitizer. This multiformat decoder supports the conversion of PAL, NTSC, and SECAM standards in the form of composite or S-video into a digital ITU-R BT.656 format. The ADV7401 also supports the decoding of a component RGB/YPrPb video signal into a digital YCrCb or RGB pixel output stream. The support for component video includes standards such as 525i, 625i, 525p, 625p, 720p, 1080i, 1250i, and many other HD and SMPTE standards. Graphic digitization is also supported by the ADV7401; it is capable of digitizing RGB graphics signals from VGA to SXGA rates and converting them into a digital RGB or YCrCb pixel output stream. SCART and overlay functionality are enabled by the ADV7401’s ability to simultaneously process CVBS and standard definition RGB signals. The mixing of these signals is controlled by the fast blank pin.
- LCD/DLP™ rear projection HDTVs
- PDP HDTVs
- CRT HDTVs
- LCD/DLP front projectors
- LCD TV (HDTV ready)
- HDTV STBs with PVR
- Multiformat scan converters
- DVD recorders with progressive scan input support
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This page provides documentation and ordering information for the ADV7401 10-Bit, Integrated, Multiformat SDTV/HDTV Video Decoder and RGB Graphics Digitizer evaluation board.
Application Notes (4)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.