Features and Benefits
- Worldwide NTSC/PAL/SECAM color demodulation support
- One 10-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC), 4× oversampling per channel for CVBS, Y/C, and YPrPb modes
- Analog video input channels with on-chip antialiasing filter
ADV7281: up to 4 input channels
ADV7281-M: up to 6 input channels
ADV7281-MA: up to 8 input channels
- Video input support for CVBS (composite), Y/C (S-Video), and YPrPb (component)
- Fully differential, pseudo differential, and single-ended CVBS video input support
- NTSC/PAL/SECAM autodetection
- Short-to-battery (STB) diagnostics on 2 video inputs (ADV7281 and ADV7281-M only)
- Up to 4 V common-mode input range solution
- Excellent common-mode noise rejection capabilities
- 5-line adaptive 2D comb filter and CTI/DNR video enhancement
- Adaptive Digital Line Length Tracking (ADLLT), signal processing, and enhanced FIFO management provide mini-time base correction (TBC) functionality
- See data sheet for additional features
The ADV7281/ADV7281-M/ADV7281-MA are versatile one-chip, multiformat video decoders. The ADV7281/ ADV7281-M/ADV7281-MA automatically detect standard analog baseband video signals compatible with worldwide NTSC, PAL, and SECAM standards in the form of composite, S-Video, and component video.
The ADV7281 converts the analog video signals into a YCrCb 4:2:2 video data stream that is compatible with the 8-bit ITU-R BT.656 interface standard.
The ADV7281-M/ADV7281-MA convert the analog video signals into an 8-bit YCrCb 4:2:2 video data stream that is output over a mobile industry processor interface (MIPI®) CSI-2 interface.
The analog video inputs of the ADV7281/ADV7281-M/ ADV7281-MA accept single-ended, pseudo differential, and fully differential signals. The ADV7281 provides four analog inputs and two STB diagnostic pins. The ADV7281-M provides six analog inputs, two STB diagnostic pins, and three general-purpose outputs. The ADV7281-MA provides eight analog inputs and three general-purpose outputs.
The ADV7281/ADV7281-M/ADV7281-MA are programmed via a 2-wire, serial bidirectional port (I2C compatible) and are fabricated in a 1.8 V CMOS process. The LFCSP package option makes these decoders ideal for space-constrained portable applications.
- Smartphone/multimedia handsets
- Automotive infotainment
- DVRs for video security
- Media players
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The EVAL-ADV7281MEBZ is an evaluation board for the ADV7281-M. Analog video is fed into the Video Inputs (Ain1 to Ain6). The EVAL-ADV7281MEBZ can receive analog video in a variety of different formats.
EVAL-ADV7281MEBZ converts analog video into an MIPI® CSI-2 output (8-bit YCrCb 4:2:2).
The MIPI® CSI-2 output of the consists of one differential data lane (D0+ and D0-) and one differential clock lane (Clk+ and Clk-). These are output to the SMA connectors on the EVAL-ADV7281MEBZ.
The EVAL-ADV7281MAEBZ is an evaluation board for the ADV7281-MA. Analog video is fed into the Video Inputs (Ain1 to Ain8). The EVAL-ADV7281MAEBZ can receive analog video a variety of different formats.
EVAL-ADV7281MAEBZ converts analog video into an MIPI® CSI-2 output (8-bit YCrCb 4:2:2).
The MIPI® CSI-2 output of the consists of one differential data lane (D0+ and D0-) and one differential clock lane (Clk+ and Clk-). These are output to the SMA connectors on the EVAL-ADV7281MAEBZ.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.