Features and Benefits
- Worldwide NTSC/PAL/SECAM color demodulation support
- One 10-bit ADC, 4× oversampling per channel for CVBS, Y/C, and YPrPb modes
- 6 analog video input channels with an on-chip antialiasing filter
- Video input support for CVBS (composite), S-Video (Y/C), and YPrPb (component)
- Fully differential, pseudo differential, and single-ended CVBS video input support
- NTSC/PAL/SECAM autodetection
- STB diagnostics on 2 video inputs
- Up to 4 V common-mode input range solution
- Excellent common-mode noise rejection capabilities
- 5-line adaptive 2D comb filter and CTI video enhancement
- Integrated AGC with adaptive peak white mode
- Fast switching capability
- Downdither (8-bit to 6-bit)
- Rovi copy protection detection
- MIPI CSI-2 Tx output interface
- Full featured VBI data slicer with WST support
- Power-down mode available
- 2-wire, I2C-compatible serial interface
- Qualified for automotive applications
- −40°C to +105°C temperature grade
- 32-lead, 5 mm × 5 mm, RoHS compliant LFCSP
The mobile industry processor interface (MIPI®) model of the ADV7281A (ADV7281A-M) has the same pinout as and is software compatible with the ADV7281-M with the exception of an updated IDENT code.
The ADV7281A is a versatile one-chip, multiformat video decoder that automatically detects standard analog baseband\video signals and converts them into YCrCb 4:2:2 component video data streams.
The analog input of the ADV7281A features a single 10-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and an on-chip differential to single-ended converter to accommodate the direct connection of differential, pseudo differential, or single-ended CVBS without external amplifier circuitry.
The standard definition processor (SDP) in the ADV7281A automatically detects PAL, NTSC, and SECAM standards in the form of composite, S-Video (Y/C), and component. The analog video is converted into a 4:2:2 component video data stream that is output via a MIPI CSI-2 transmitter (Tx) interface, hereafter referred to as MIPI Tx.
The ADV7281A offers short to battery (STB) diagnostic sense inputs and general-purpose outputs.
The ADV7281A is provided in a space-saving LFCSP surface-mount, RoHS compliant, package. The ADV7281A is rated over a −40°C to +105°C temperature range, making it ideal for automotive applications.
The ADV7281A must be configured in accordance with the I2C writes provided in the evaluation board script files.
- Advanced driver assistance
- Automotive infotainment
- DVRs for video security
- Media players
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADV7281AMEBZ evaluation kit is the platform provided by Analog Devices, Inc., to evaluate the ADV7281A-M
video decoder. The EVAL-ADV7281AMEBZ evaluation kit
contains an EVAL-ADV7281AMEBZ evaluation board and all
of its necessary peripherals.
This user guide provides a detailed overview of the EVAL- ADV7281AMEBZ evaluation board hardware and the software required to use it.
The ADV7281A-M data sheet and the ADV7280A/ADV7281A/ ADV7282A Device Manual should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADV7281AMEBZ evaluation board.
EngineerZone can be accessed to find additional information on the ADV7281A-M.
Features & Benefits
- Six video input ports capable of accepting any of the following formats: single-ended CVBS, differential CVBS, S-Video (Y/C), and component (YPbPr)
- MIPI CSI-2 Tx output
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.