Features and Benefits
- Worldwide NTSC/PAL/SECAM color demodulation support
- One 10-bit ADC, 4× oversampling per channel for CVBS, Y/C, and YPrPb modes
- Analog video input channels with on-chip antialiasing filter
- ADV7280A: up to 4 input channels
- ADV7280A-M: up to 8 input channels
- Video input support for CVBS (composite), S-Video (Y/C), and YPrPb (component)
- NTSC/PAL/SECAM autodetection
- Up to 1.47 V common-mode input range solution
- Excellent common-mode noise rejection capabilities
- 5-line adaptive 2D comb filter and CTI video enhancement
- Integrated AGC with adaptive peak white mode
- Fast switching capability
- Integrated I2P video output converter (deinterlacer)
- Downdither (8-bit to 6-bit)
- Rovi copy protection detection
- MIPI CSI-2 output interface (ADV7280A-M)
- 8-bit ITU-R BT.656 YCrCb 4:2:2 output and HS, VS, or field synchronization (ADV7280A)
- Full featured VBI data slicer with WST support
- Power-down mode available
- 2-wire, I2C-compatible serial interface
- Qualified for automotive applications
- −40°C to +105°C temperature grade
- 32-lead, 5 mm × 5 mm, RoHS compliant LFCSP
The ADV7280A has the same pinout as and is software compati-ble with the ADV7280. The mobile industry processor interface (MIPI®) model of the ADV7280A (ADV7280A-M) has the same pinout and is software compatible with the ADV7280-M.
All features, functionality, and specifications are shared by the ADV7280A and the ADV7280A-M, unless otherwise noted.
The ADV7280A is a versatile one-chip, multiformat video decoder that automatically detects standard analog baseband video signals and converts them into YCrCb 4:2:2 component video data streams.
The analog input of the ADV7280A is designed for single-ended input video signals. It features an input mux (4-channel on ADV7280A, 8-channel on ADV7280A-M) and a single 10-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC).
The standard definition processor (SDP) in the ADV7280A automatically detects PAL, NTSC and SECAM standards in the form of composite, S-Video (Y/C) and component. The analog video is converted into a 4:2:2 component video data stream that is output either via an 8-bit ITU-R BT.656 standard compatible interface (ADV7280A) or via a MIPI CSI-2 Tx (hereafter referred to as MIPI Tx) interface (ADV7280A-M). The ADV7280A also features a deinterlacer for interlaced to progressive (I2P) conversion.
The ADV7280A is provided in a space-saving LFCSP surface-mount, RoHS compliant package. The ADV7280A is offered in an automotive grade rated over the −40°C to +105°C temperature range, as well as a −40°C to +85°C temperature range, making the device ideal for automotive, industrial, and consumer applications.
The ADV7280A must be configured in accordance with the I2C writes provided in the evaluation board script files.
- Advanced driver assistance
- Automotive infotainment
- DVRs for video security
- Media players
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The EVAL-ADV7280AEBZ evaluation kit is the platform provided by Analog Devices, Inc., to evaluate the ADV7280A video decoder. The EVAL-ADV7280AEBZ evaluation kit contains an EVAL-ADV7280AEBZ evaluation board and all of its necessary peripherals.
This user guide provides a detailed overview of the EVAL-ADV7280AEBZ evaluation board hardware and the software required to use it.
The ADV7280A data sheet and the ADV7280A/ADV7281A/ADV7282A Device Manual should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADV7280AEBZ evaluation board.
EngineerZone can be accessed to find additional information about the ADV7280A.
Features & Benefits
- Four video input ports capable of accepting any of the following formats: single-ended CVBS, S-video (Y/C), and component (YPbPr)
- Digital (ITU-R BT.656) and YPbPr outputs
The EVAL-ADV7280AMEBZ evaluation kit is the platform provided by Analog Devices, Inc., to evaluate the ADV7280A-M
video decoder. The EVAL-ADV7280AMEBZ evaluation kit
contains an EVAL-ADV7280AMEBZ evaluation board and all
of its necessary peripherals.
This user guide provides a detailed overview of the EVAL- ADV7280AMEBZ evaluation board hardware and the software required to use it.
The ADV7280A data sheet and the ADV7280A/ADV7281A/ADV7282A Device Manual should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADV7280AMEBZ evaluation board.
EngineerZone can be accessed to find additional information about the ADV7280A-M.
Features & Benefits
- Eight video input ports capable of accepting any of the following formats: single-ended CVBS, S-video (Y/C), and component (YPbPr)
- MIPI CSI-2 Tx output
User Guides (3)
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.