Features and Benefits
- Multifunction photometric sensor and signal conditioning
- Fully integrated AFE, ADC, LED driver, and timing core
- Usable for multiple optical measurement applications, including gesture control and proximity sensing
- Enables an ambient light rejection capability using both optical and analog filtering
- On-chip programmable flexible current sink for external LED
- High sensitivity and signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
- High resolution position measurement
- Gesture recognition with 0.5 cm to 15 cm range
- Proximity sensing to 20 cm
- 400 kHz I2C interface
- Gesture/proximity works under infrared (IR) transparent glass or other materials
- Simple integration with optics; no need for precise alignment and no lens is required
- Low power operation
- 1.8 V analog/digital core
- 8-lead, 2 mm × 3 mm, 0.65 mm height LFCSP
The ADUX1020 is a highly efficient photometric sensor with an integrated 14-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and a 20-bit burst accumulator that works in concert with a flexible light emitting diode (LED) driver. It is designed to modulate a LED and measure the corresponding optical return signal. The digital engine includes circuitry and control for data aggregation and proximity detection.
The data output and device configuration use a 1.8 V I2C interface. The control circuitry includes flexible LED pulse width and period generation combined with synchronous detection. This circuitry is complemented by a low noise, low power, and wide dynamic range configurable analog front end (AFE), clock generation, LED driver, and digital logic for position and smart sample mode (event driven x, y coordinates, relative z data). This complete AFE features ambient light rejection, avoiding corruption due to external interference.
One inexpensive standard surface mount, broad angle or narrow angle IR LED (depending upon application) is required. This LED mounts externally to the ADUX1020.
Packaged in a small clear mold 2 mm × 3 mm, 8-lead LFCSP, the ADUX1020 is specified over an operating temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Gesture for user interface (UI )control in portable devices
- Industrial/automation monitoring
- Presence detection
- Angle sensing
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADUX1020-EVAL-SDP evaluation kit provides users with a simple means of interfacing with the ADUX1020, collecting data from the ADUX1020, and evaluating gesture recognition capabilities.
The ADUX1020-EVAL-SDP is a kit that includes the ADUX1020-EVAL-SMALL and the ADUX1020-EVAL-MCM.
The evaluation kit requires the Optical Gesture Evaluation Tool, which can be downloaded from the ADUX1020-EVAL-SDP product page, a graphical user interface (GUI) that provides users with low level and high level configurability, real-time data analysis, and user datagram protocol (UDP) transfer capability so the evaluation board can easily interface to a PC.
The USB port of the PC powers the ADUX1020-EVAL-SDP kit. On-board voltage regulators provide voltage supplies for the ADUX1020.
The evaluation board schematics indicate signal names for easy identification. For additional information on the functionality of the ADUX1020, refer to the ADUX1020 data sheet.
Features & Benefits
- ADUX1020 full configuration
- Register level
- Parameter level
- Graph views
- Time series view
- Gesture recognition view
- UDP transfer capability
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.