Features and Benefits
- Small, 20-lead QSOP
- 1000 V rms isolation rating
- Low power operation
- High temperature operation: 105°C
- 3.3 V operation
1.6 mA per channel maximum at 0 Mbps to 1 Mbps
7.8 mA per channel maximum at 25 Mbps
- Bidirectional communication
- Up to 25 Mbps data rate (NRZ)
- 3 V/5 V level translation
- High common-mode transient immunity: >15 kV/μs
- 5 V operation
2.2 mA per channel maximum at 0 Mbps to 1 Mbps
11.2 mA per channel maximum at 25 Mbps
TheADuM7640 / ADuM7641 / ADuM7642 / ADuM7643 are 6-channel digital isolators based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology. These 1 kV digital isolation devices are packaged in a small 20-lead QSOP. They offer space savings and a lower price than 2.5 kV or 5 kV isolation solutions when only functional isolation is needed.
This family, like many Analog Devices isolators, offers very low power consumption, using one-tenth to one-sixth the power of other digital isolators, with the supply voltage on either side ranging from 3.0 V to 5.5 V. Despite their low power consumption, the ADuM7640 / ADuM7641 / ADuM7642 / ADuM7643 provide low pulse width distortion (< 6 ns for C grade) and a channel-by-channel glitch filter to protect the device against extraneous noise disturbances. Four channel direction combinations are available with a maximum data rate of 1 Mbps or 25 Mbps. All products have a default output high logic state in the absence of input power.
- General-purpose, multichannel isolation
- SPI interface/data converter isolation
- RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 transceivers
- Industrial field bus isolation
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The EVAL-ADuM7643EBZ supports the ADuM7640, ADuM7641, ADuM7642, and ADuM7643, which are 1 kV, 6-channel iCoupler® isolators. The evaluation board provides a JEDEC standard 20-lead QSOP pad layout, support for signal fanout, and loopback as well as optimal bypass capacitance. Signals can be wired onto the board as well as brought onto the board through edge-mounted SMA connectors (sold separately) or terminal blocks for power connections. The board includes 200 mil header positions for compatibility with Tektronix active probes.
The board follows best printed circuit board (PCB) design practices for 4-layer boards, including a full power and ground plane on each side of the isolation barrier. No other EMI or noise mitigation design features are included on this board. In cases of very high speed operation or when ultralow emissions are required, refer to the AN-1109 application note for additional board layout techniques.
This evaluation board is obsolete and no longer recommended.
The AD-FMCMOTCON2-EBZ is a complete high performance servo system on an FPGA Mezzanine Card (FMC) board, the purpose of which is to provide a complete motor drive system demonstrating efficient and high dynamic control of three phase PMSM and induction motors up to 48V and 20A.
Two motors can be driven at the same time, each motor having its separate power supply. The system incorporates high quality power sources; reliable power, control, and feedback signals isolation; accurate measurement of motor current & voltage signals; high speed interfaces for control signals to allow fast controller response; industrial Ethernet high speed interfaces; single ended Hall, differential Hall, encoder and resolver interfaces; digital position sensors interface; flexible control with a FPGA/SoC interface.
The kit consists of two boards: a controller board and a drive board. An optional AD-DYNO2-EBZ dynamometer can also be purchased through Avnet and is intended to be an extension of the drive system.
- Digital board for interfacing with the low and high voltage drive boards
- Compatible with all Xilinx FPGA platforms with FMC LPC or HPC connectors
- FMC signals voltage adaptation interface for seamless operation on all FMC voltage levels
- Fully isolated digital control and feedback signals
- Isolated Xilinx XADC interface
- 2 x Gbit Ethernet PHYs for high speed industrial communication, with 3rd party EtherCAT support
- Single ended Hall, Differential Hall, Encoder, Resolver interfaces
- Digital sensors interfaces
- BISS Interface
- Drives motors up to 48V @ 20A
- Drives 2 motors simultaneously
- High frequency drive stage implemented with ADI isolated gate drivers
- Supported motor types
Stepper (bipolar / unipolar)
- Integrated over current protection
- Reverse voltage protection
- Current and Voltage measurement using isolated ADCs
- BEMF zero cross detection for sensorless control of PMSM or BLDC motors
- Separate voltage supplies for the 2 motors so that the motors don't influence each other
Dynamometer System with Embedded Control
- Two BLDC motors connected by a rigid couple in a dyno setup, which can be used to test real-time motor control performance.
- One BLDC motor acts as an electronically adjustable load and is driven by the embedded control system. This motor can be directly connected to the FMC motor drive to get complex / active loads. The load can be driven also by the AD-FMCMOTCON2-EBZ to implement dynamic load profiles.
- The other BLDC motor is driven by the FMC motor drive.
- Measurement and display of load motor current
- Measurement and display of load motor speed
- External control using Analog Discovery and MathWorks Instrumentation Control Toolbox
Example reference designs showing how to use the platform with Xilinx® FPGAs or SoCs and high performance control algorithms from Mathworks® are provided together with the hardware. Information on the FMC board, and how to use it, the design package that surrounds it, and the software which can make it work, can be found by clicking the software link.
Features & Benefits
This evaluation board is obsolete and no longer recommended.
The FMCMOTCON2 evaluation kit enables users to:
- Model and implement motor control algorithms rapidly for high performance servo systems, incorporating system modelling and design concepts using Mathworks model based design
- Reduce time needed to move a motor control system from concept to production, by providing a prototyping system to verify the hardware and control algorithms before moving to production stage.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|ADUM7641ARQZ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||20-Lead QSOP|
|ADUM7641ARQZ-RL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||20-Lead QSOP|
|ADUM7641CRQZ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||20-Lead QSOP|
|ADUM7641CRQZ-RL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||20-Lead QSOP|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.