Features and Benefits
- isoPower integrated, isolated dc-to-dc converter
- Regulated 3.135 V to 5.25 V output
- Up to 150 mW output power
- Dual dc-to-100 Mbps (NRZ) signal isolation channels
- Soft start power supply
- 20-lead SSOP package with 5.3 mm creepage
- Supports SPI up to 15 MHz
- High temperature operation: 105°C
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25 kV/μs
- Safety and regulatory approvals
- UL recognition
- 3750 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A
- VDE certificate of conformity
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10):2006-12
- VIORM = 849 V peak
The ADuM6210/ADuM6211/ADuM6212 are dual-channel digital isolators with isoPower®, an integrated, isolated dc-to-dc converter. Based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology, the dc-to-dc converter provides regulated, isolated power that is adjustable between 3.135 V and 5.25 V. Input supply voltages can range from slightly below the required output to significantly higher. Popular voltage combinations and their associated power levels are shown in Table 2.
The ADuM6210/ADuM6211/ADuM6212 eliminate the need for a separate, isolated dc-to-dc converter in low power, isolated designs. The iCoupler chip-scale transformer technology is used for isolated logic signals and for the magnetic components of the dc-to-dc converter. The result is a small form factor, total isolation solution.
isoPower uses high frequency switching elements to transfer power through its transformer. Take special care during printed circuit board (PCB) layout to meet emissions standards. See the AN-0971 Application Note for board layout recommendations.
- RS-232 transceivers
- Power supply start-up bias and gate drives
- Isolated sensor interfaces
- Industrial PLCs
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.