Features and Benefits
- Isolated PWM Controller
- Integrated transformer driver
- Regulated adjustable output: 3.3 V to 24 V
- 2 W output power
- 70% efficiency at guaranteed load of 400 mA at 5.0 V output
- Quad dc-to-25 Mbps (NRZ) signal isolation channels
- 20-lead SSOP package
- High temperature operation: 105°C
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25 kV/μs
- 200 kHz to 1 MHz adjustable oscillator frequency
- Thermal shutdown
- Pulse-by-pulse overcurrent protection
- Soft start function at power-up
- Safety and regulatory approvals:
UL recognition: 2500 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
CSA Component Acceptance Notice #5A
VDE certificate of conformity
DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10):2006-12
VIORM = 560 V peak
- Qualified for automotive applications
The ADuM3470 / ADuM3471/ADuM3472 / ADuM3473 / ADuM3474 devices are quad-channel, digital isolators with an integrated PWM controller and transformer driver for an isolated DC/DC converter. Based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology, the DC/DC converter provides up to 2 W of regulated, isolated power at 3.3 V to 24 V from a 5.0 V input supply or from a 3.3 V supply. This eliminates the need for a separate, isolated DC/DC converter in 2 W isolated designs. The iCoupler chip-scale transformer technology is used to isolate the logic signals, and the integrated transformer driver with isolated secondary side control provides higher efficiency for the isolated DC/DC converter. The result is a small form factor, total isolation solution.
The ADuM347x isolators provide four independent isolation channels in a variety of channel configurations and data rates.
- RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 transceivers
- Industrial field bus isolation
- Power supply startup bias and gate drives
- Isolated sensor interfaces
- Process controls
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADuM3471EBZ demonstrates two separate applications for the ADuM347x family of quad-channel digital isolators with integrated transformer drivers. It has two independent power supply circuits: a double supply and a single supply. The switching frequency can be set from 200 kHz to 1000 kHz. The board supports a variety of I/O configurations and multiple transformer options. It is equipped with two ADuM3471 isolators.
Features & Benefits
- 2 independent ADuM347x circuits including 2.5 kVrms isolated dc-to-dc converters
- Single supply 5 V in to 5 V out (regulated) Reconfigurable to 5 V in to 3.3 V out or 3.3 V in to 3.3 V out
- Double supply 5 V in to 15 V out (regulated) and 7.5 V out (unregulated) Reconfigurable to 5 V in to 12 V out (regulated) and 6 V out (unregulated)
- 4 isolated 25Mbps data channels per ADuM347x circuit
- Footprints for Coilcraft and Halo transformer options
- Multiple switching frequency options
Safety and Regulatory Compliance (1)
Product Selection Guide (1)
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.