Features and Benefits
- High isolation voltage: 5000 V rms
- Up to 100 Mbps data rate
- Low propagation delay: 24 ns maximum
- Low dynamic power consumption
- Bidirectional communication
- 3 V to 5 V level translation
- High temperature operation: 125°C
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25 kV/μs
- Default high output: ADuM2280/ADuM2281
- Default low output: ADuM2285/ADuM2286
- 16-lead SOIC wide body enhanced creepage package
- Safety and regulatory approvals (pending)
- UL recognition: 5000 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice #5A
- IEC 60601-1: 250 V rms (reinforced)
- IEC 60950-1: 400 V rms (reinforced)
- VDE Certificate of Conformity
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10): 2006-12
- VIORM = 846 V peak
- Pin-compatible with ADuM220x and ADuM221x families
The ADuM2280 / ADuM2281 / ADuM2285 / ADuM2286 (also referred to as ADuM228x in this data sheet) are 5 kV rms dual-channel digital isolators based on Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology. Combining high speed CMOS and monolithic air core transformer technology, these isolation components provide outstanding performance characteristics superior to alternatives, such as optocoupler devices and other integrated couplers.
With propagation delay at 24 ns maximum, pulse width distortion is less than 2 ns for C grade. Channel-to-channel matching is tight at 5 ns for C grade. The ADuM228x are available in two channel configurations with three different data rates up to 100 Mbps (see the Ordering Guide). All models operate with the supply voltage on either side ranging from 2.7 V to 5.5 V, providing compatibility with lower voltage systems as well as enabling a voltage translation functionality across the isolation barrier. Unlike other optocoupler alternatives, the ADuM228x isolators have a patented refresh feature that ensures dc correctness in the absence of input logic transitions. When power is first applied or is not yet applied to the input side, the ADuM2280 and ADuM2281 have a default high output and the ADuM2285 and ADuM2286 have a default low output.
- General-purpose, high voltage, multichannel isolation
- Medical equipment
- Power supplies
- RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 transceiver isolation
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Safety and Regulatory Compliance (1)
Product Selection Guide (1)
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.