Features and Benefits
- Up to 100 Mbps data rate (NRZ)
- Low propagation delay: 23 ns typical
- Low dynamic power consumption
- Bidirectional communication
- 3.3 V to 5 V level translation
- High temperature operation: 125°C
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25 kV/μs
- Default high output: ADuM1280/ADuM1281
- Default low output: ADuM1285/ADuM1286
- Narrow body, RoHS-compliant, 8-lead SOIC
- Safety and regulatory approvals
- UL recognition: 3000 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A
- VDE Certificate of Conformity
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10): 2006-12
- VIORM = 560 V peak
- Qualified for automotive applications
The ADuM1280/ADuM1281/ADuM1285/ADuM1286 are dualchannel digital isolators based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology. Combining high speed CMOS and monolithic air core transformer technology, these isolation components provide outstanding performance characteristics superior to alternatives, such as optocoupler devices and other integrated couplers.
With propagation delay at 23 ns, pulse width distortion is less than 2 ns for C grade. Channel-to-channel matching is tight at 5 ns for C grade. The two channels of the ADuM1280/ADuM1281/ ADuM1285/ADuM1286 are independent isolation channels and are available in two channel configurations with three different data rates up to 100 Mbps (see the Ordering Guide). Industrial grade models operate with the supply voltage on either side ranging from 3.135 V to 5.5 V and the automotive grades operate from 3.135 V to 5.5 V, providing compatibility with lower voltage systems as well as enabling a voltage translation functionality across the isolation barrier. Unlike other optocoupler alternatives, the ADuM1280/ADuM1281/ ADuM1285/ADuM1286 isolators have a patented refresh feature that ensures dc correctness in the absence of input logic transitions. When power is first applied or is not yet applied to the input side, the ADuM1280 and ADuM1281 have a default high output, and the ADuM1285 and ADuM1286 have a default low output.
For more information on safety and regulatory approvals, go to www.analog.com/icouplersafety.
- General-purpose multichannel isolation
- Data converter isolation
- Industrial field bus isolation
- Hybrid electric vehicles, battery monitor, and motor drive
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
Product Selector Card (1)
Safety and Regulatory Compliance (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.