Features and Benefits
- High precision analog-to-digital converters (ADCs)
- Dual channel, simultaneous sampling
- I-ADC 20-bit Σ-Δ (minimizes range switching)
- VADC/TADC 20-bit Σ-Δ
- Programmable ADC conversion rate from 1 Hz to 8 kHz
- On-chip ±5 ppm/°C voltage reference
- Current channel
- Fully differential, buffered input
- Programmable gain (from 4 to 512)
- ADC absolute input range: −200 mV to +300 mV
- Digital comparator with current accumulator feature
- Voltage channel
- Buffered, on-chip attenuator for 12 V battery input
- Temperature channel
- External and on-chip temperature sensor options
- ARM Cortex-M3 32-bit processor
- 16.384 MHz precision oscillator with 1% accuracy
- Serial wire download (SWD) port supporting code download and debug
- Automotive qualified integrated local interconnect network
- (LIN) transceiver
- LIN 2.2-compatible slave, 100 kb fast download option
- SAE J-2602-compatible slave
- Low electromagnetic emissions (EME)
- High electromagnetic immunity (EMI)
- 96 kB (ADuCM330)/128 kB (ADuCM331) Flash/EE memory, ECC
- 6 kB SRAM, ECC
- 4 kB data Flash/EE memory, ECC
- 10,000 cycle Flash/EE endurance
- 20 year Flash/EE retention
- In circuit download via SWD and LIN
- On-chip peripherals
- Serial port interface (SPI)
- General-purpose input/output (GPIO) port
- General-purpose timer
- Wake-up timer
- Watchdog timer
- On-chip, power-on reset
- Operates directly from 12 V battery supply
- Power consumption, 8 mA typical (16 MHz)
- Low power monitor mode
- Package and temperature range
- 32-lead, 6 mm × 6 mm LFCSP
- Fully specified for −40°C to +115°C operation; additional specifications for 115°C to 125°C
- Qualified for automotive applications
The ADuCM331 is a fully integrated, 8 kSPS, data acquisition system that incorporates dual, high performance multichannel sigma-delta (Σ-Δ) ADCs, 32-bit ARM® Cortex™-M3 processor and flash. The ADuCM331 has 128 kB program flash. and 4 kB data flash. The ADuCM331 is a complete system solution for battery monitoring in 12 V automotive applications. The ADuCM331 integrates all of the required features to precisely and intelligently monitor, process, and diagnose 12 V battery parameters including battery current, voltage, and temperature over a wide range of operating conditions.
Minimizing external system components, the device is powered directly from a 12 V battery. On-chip, low dropout (LDO) regulators generate the supply voltage for two integrated Σ-Δ ADCs. The ADCs precisely measure battery current, voltage, and temperature to characterize the state of the health and the charge of the car battery.
The device operates from an on chip, 16.384 MHz high frequency oscillator that supplies the system clock. This clock is routed through a programmable clock divider from which the core clock operating frequency is generated. The device also contains a 32 kHz oscillator for low power operation.
The analog subsystem consists of an ADC with a programmable gain amplifier (PGA) that allows the monitoring of various current and voltage ranges. It also includes a precision reference on-chip. The ADuCM331 integrates a range of on-chip peripherals that can be configured under core software control as required in the application. These peripherals include a SPI serial input/output communication controller, six GPIO pins, one general-purpose timer, a wake-up timer, and a watchdog timer. The ADuCM331 is specifically designed to operate in battery-powered applications where low power operation is critical. The microcontroller core can be configured in normal operating mode, resulting in an overall system current consumption of <18.5 mA when all peripherals are active. The device can also be configured in a number of low power operating modes under direct program control, consuming <100 µA. The ADuCM331 also includes a LIN physical interface for single wire, high voltage communications in automotive environments.
The device operates from an external 3.6 V to 18 V (on VDD, Pin 26) voltage supply and is specified over the −40°C to +115°C temperature range, with additional typical specifications at +125°C.
- Battery sensing/management for automotive and light mobility vehicles
- Lead-acid battery measurement for power supplies in industrial and medical domains
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADUCM331QSPZ development system supports ADuCM330 and ADuCM331 devices and allows a flexible platform for evaluation of the ADuCM330/ADuCM331 silicon. It allows quick removal and insertion of a device via a 32-lead LFCSP socket. It also provides the connections necessary to allow rapid measurement setups. Switches and LEDs are provided on the applications board to assist in debugging and simple code development. Sample code projects are also provided to show key features of each peripheral and examples of how they can be configured.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.