Features and Benefits
- Analog I/O
- 8-channel, 247 kSPS, 12-Bit ADC DC performance: ±1 LSB INL AC performance: 71 dB SNR
- DMA controller for high speed ADC-to-RAM capture
- 2 12-bit (monotonic) voltage output DACs
- Dual output PWM/Σ-Δ DACs
- On-chip temperature sensor function: ±3°C
- On-chip voltage reference
- 62 kB on-chip Flash/EE program memory
- 4 kB on-chip Flash/EE data memory
- Flash/EE, 100 Yr retention, 100,000 cycles of endurance
- 2304 bytes on-chip data RAM
- 8051-based core
- see data sheet for additional features
The ADuC832 is a complete, smart transducer front end, integrating a high performance self-calibrating multichannel 12-bit ADC, dual 12-bit DACs, and programmable 8-bit MCU on a single chip.
The device operates from a 32 kHz crystal with an on-chip PLL, generating a high frequency clock of 16.78 MHz. This clock is, in turn, routed through a programmable clock divider from which the MCU core clock operating frequency is generated. The microcontroller core is an 8052 and is therefore 8051 instruction set compatible with 12 core clock periods per machine cycle. 62 kB of nonvolatile Flash/EE program memory are provided on chip. There are also 4 kB of nonvolatile Flash/EE data memory, 256 bytes of RAM, and 2 kB of extended RAM integrated on chip.
The ADuC832 also incorporates additional analog functionality with two 12-bit DACs, a power supply monitor, and a band gap reference. On-chip digital peripherals include two 16-bit Σ-Δ DACs, a dual-output 16-bit PWM, a watchdog timer, time interval counter, three timers/counters, Timer 3 for baud rate generation, and serial I/O ports (SPI, I2C®, and UART).
- Optical networking—laser power control
- Base station systems
- Precision instrumentation, smart sensors
- Transient capture systems
- DAS and communications systems
- Upgrade to ADuC812 systems; runs from 32 kHz
- External crystal with on-chip PLL.
- Also available: ADuC831 pin-compatible upgrade to existing ADuC812 systems that require additional
code or data memory; runs from 1 MHz to 16 MHz
- External crystal
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Development system for evaluation of the ADuC832, 8-Channel 12-Bit ADC + Dual 12-Bit DAC + 62K-Byte Flash MCU.
The QuickStart Kits for the ADuC8x-series (8052-core) Precision Analog Microcontrollers feature serial-port download/debug capability and an assembly-source debugging environment.
ADI also provides a non-intrusive emulation POD called the USB-EA-CONVZ allowing assembly & C-source debugging.
It can be ordered separately.
Application Notes (15)
Software & Systems Requirements
ADuC832 Code Examples
Technical Articles (4)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.