Features and Benefits
- High precision ADCs
- Dual channel, simultaneous sampling, 16-bit, Σ-Δ ADCs
- Programmable ADC throughput from 1 Hz to 8 kHz
- On-chip 5 ppm/°C voltage reference
- Current channel - Please see data sheet for additional information
- Voltage channel - Buffered, on-chip attenuator for 12 V battery inputs
- Temperature channel
External and on-chip temperature sensor options
- Microcontroller - Please see data sheet for additional information.
- Please see data sheet for additional features.
Product DetailsThe ADuC7033 is a complete system solution for battery monitoring in 12 V automotive applications. The device integrates all of the required features to precisely and intelligently monitor, process, and diagnose 12 V battery parameters, including battery current, voltage, and temperature, over a wide range of operating conditions.
Minimizing external system components, the device is powered directly from the 12 V battery. An on-chip, low dropout regulator generates the supply voltage for two integrated, 16-bit, Σ-Δ ADCs. The ADCs precisely measure battery current, voltage, and temper-ature to characterize the state of health and charge of the car battery.
A Flash/EE memory-based ARM7™ microcontroller (MCU) is also integrated on-chip. It is used to both preprocess the acquired battery variables and to manage communications from the ADuC7033 to the main electronic control unit (ECU) via a local interconnect network (LIN) interface that is integrated on-chip.
Both the MCU and the ADC subsystem can be individually configured to operate in normal or flexible power-saving modes of operation.
- Battery sensing/management for automotive systems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.