Features and Benefits
- 13 ns instruction cycle time (75 MIPS)
- 2.5 volt supply with 3.3 volt I/O
- 32K words of on-chip program RAM
- 48K words of on-chip data memory RAM
- 16-bit internal DMA port for high speed access to on-chip memory
- 8-bit DMA port to byte memory for transparent program and data memory transfers
- 0.4 mA/MIPS
- Byte memory interface for storage of data tables and program overlays
- Programmable memory strobe and separate I/O memory space permits "glueless" system
- ADSP-2100 Family code and function compatible
- 100-lead LQFP
- 144 mini-BGA package
The ADSP-2189M is notable for its very large on-chip memory (1.5 MBits) and low power features (2.5v).
The ADSP-2189M combines the ADSP-2100 family base architecture (three computational units, data address generators and a program sequencer) with two serial ports, a 16-bit internal DMA port, a byte DMA port, a programmable timer, Flag I/O, and extensive interrupt capabilities.
- Algebraic assembly language supports C language-style constructs for easy programming
- 100-lead LQFP package provides for space and power savings (16mm x 16mm)
- On-chip RAM and 4 DMA ports make reprogramming easy
- 16-bit DMA port makes bus interfacing easier
- 5 sleep and powerdown modes maximize battery life.
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADSP-2189M EZ-KIT Lite provides developers with a cost-effective method for initial evaluation of the powerful ADSP-218x DSP family architecture. The ADSP-2189M EZ-KIT Lite includes a stand-alone ADSP-2189M DSP board and fundamental code generation debug software. With this EZ-KIT Lite, users can learn about DSP hardware and software development and evaluate potential applications of the ADSP-218X M family of DSPs. The ADSP-2189M EZ-KIT Lite provides an evaluation suite of the VisualDSP++ development environment with the C compiler, assembler, and linker. All software tools are limited to use with the EZ-KIT Lite product.
Demonstration programs shipped with this EZ-KIT Lite system include common signal processing algorithms such as convolution and Fibonacci calculations. Programs that demonstrate the use of the hardware features of the ADSP-2189M are provided including interrupts, overlays, timers and the on-board codec.
Tel: 1-800-ANALOGD (262-5643)
Application Notes (62)
Software Manuals (9)
Software & Systems Requirements
Software & Tools Anomalies
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.