Features and Benefits
- Ultrawideband frequency range: 10 MHz to 60 GHz
- Attenuation range: 2 dB steps to 22 dB
- Low insertion loss
- 1.7 dB up to 26 GHz
- 2.5 dB up to 44 GHz
- 2.9 dB up to 50 GHz
- Attenuation accuracy
- ±(0.2 + 4.0% of attenuation state) up to 60 GHz
- Typical step error
- ±0.35 dB up to 26 GHz
- ±0.60 dB up to 50 GHz
- ±0.80 dB up to 60 GHz
- High input linearity
- P0.1dB insertion loss state: TBD dBm
- P0.1dB other attenuation states: TBD dBm
- IP3: TBD dBm typical
- High RF input power handling: 24 dBm average, 24 dBm peak
- Tight distribution in relative phase
- No low frequency spurious signals
- Parallel mode control, CMOS/LVTTL compatible
- RF amplitude settling time (0.1 dB of final RF output): TBD ns
- 16-terminal, 2.5 mm x 2.5 mm LGA package
The ADRF5740 is a silicon, 4-bit digital attenuator with 22 dB attenuation control range in 2 dB steps.
This device operates from 500 MHz to 60 GHz with better than 3.2 dB (TBC) of insertion loss and excellent attenuation accuracy. The ATTIN port of the ADRF5740 has a radio frequency (RF) input power handling capability of 24 dBm average and 24 dBm peak for all states.
The ADRF5740 requires a dual supply voltage of +3.3 V and −3.3 V. The device features parallel mode control, and complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS)-/low voltage transistor to transistor logic (LVTTL)-compatible controls.
The ADRF5740 RF ports are designed to match a characteristic impedance of 50 Ω. The ADRF5740 comes in a 16-terminal, 2.5 mm × 2.5 mm, RoHS compliant, land grid array (LGA) package and operates from −40°C to +105°C.
- Industrial scanners
- Test and instrumentation
- Cellular infrastructure: 5G millimeter wave
- Military radios, radars, electronic counter measures (ECMs)
- Microwave radios and very small aperture terminals (VSATs)
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.