Features and Benefits
- Ultrawideband frequency range: 10 MHz to 60 GHz
- Attenuation range: 22 dB with 2 dB steps
- Bond pads for wire bond and ribbon bond
- Low insertion loss
- 1.3 dB typical up to 20 GHz
- 2.0 dB typical up to 44 GHz
- 2.7 dB typical up to 55 GHz
- Attenuation accuracy
- ±(0.3 + 1.0% of attenuation state) typical up to 20 GHz
- ±(0.4 + 4.0% of attenuation state) typical up to 44 GHz
- ±(0.4 + 6.0% of attenuation state) typical up to 55 GHz
- Typical step error
- ±0.30 dB typical up to 20 GHz
- ±0.65 dB typical up to 44 GHz
- ±1.10 dB typical up to 55 GHz
- High input linearity
- P0.1dB: 25.5 dBm typical
- IP3: 45 dBm typical
- High RF power handling
- 23 dBm steady state and hot switching, average
- 24 dBm steady state and hot switching, peak
- Tight distribution in relative phase
- No low frequency spurious signals
- Parallel mode control, CMOS/LVTTL compatible
- RF amplitude settling time (0.1 dB of final RF output): 175 ns
- 16-pad, 2.770 mm × 1.620 mm, die on carrier [CHIP]
The ADRF5474 is a 4-bit digital attenuator with 22 dB attenuation control range in 2 dB steps manufactured in a silicon process attached on a gallium arsenide (GaAs) carrier substrate. The substrate incorporates the bond pads for chip and wire assembly, and the bottom of the device is metalized and connected to ground.
This device operates from 10 MHz to 60 GHz with better than 2.7 dB of insertion loss and excellent attenuation accuracy at 55 GHz. The ADRF5474 has a RF input power handling capability of 23 dBm average and 24 dBm peak for all states.
The ADRF5474 requires a dual-supply voltage of +3.3 V and −3.3 V. The device features parallel mode control, and complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS)-/low voltage transistor to transistor logic (LVTTL)-compatible controls.
The ADRF5474 is designed to match a characteristic impedance of 50 Ω.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.