Features and Benefits
- Charge pump with automatic gain selection of 1x, 1.5x, and 2x for maximum efficiency.
- 92% peak efficiency
- 9 independent and programmable LED drivers
- Each driver capable of 25 mA (full scale)
- Each driver has 7 bits (128 levels) of non-linear current settings
- Standby mode for <1 μA current consumption
- 16 programmable fade in and fade out times (0.0 sec to 1.75 sec) with choice of square or cubic rates
- Automated and customizable LED blinking for all 9 channels.
- Unique heartbeat mode for customizable double pulse lighting effects
- PWM input for implementing content adjustable brightness control (CABC)
- I2C compatible interface for all programming
- Dedicated reset pin and built-in power on reset (POR)
- Short circuit, overvoltage, and overtemperature protection
- Internal soft start to limit inrush currents
- Input to output isolation during faults or shutdown
- Operates down to VIN = 2.5 V, with undervoltage lockout (UVLO) at 2.0 V
- Small lead frame chip scale package (LFCSP)
Product DetailsThe ADP8866 combines a programmable backlight LED charge pump driver with automatic blinking functions. Nine LED drivers can be independently programmed at currents up to 25 mA. The current level, fade time, and blinking rate can be programmed once and executed autonomously on a loop. Separate fade in and out times can be set for the backlight LEDs.
Driving all of this is a two capacitor charge pump with gains of 1×, 1.5×, and 2×. This setup is capable of driving a maximum IOUT of 240 mA from a supply of 2.5 V to 5.5 V. A full suite of safety features including short-circuit, overvoltage, and over-temperature protection allow easy implementation of a safe and robust design. Additionally, input inrush currents are limited via an integrated soft start combined with controlled input to output isolation.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.