Features and Benefits
- Input start-up voltage range: 2.15 V to 6.50 V
- Operates down to 2.00 V voltage
- Ultralow 180 nA quiescent current with no load
- Selectable output voltage of 1.2 V to 3.6V or 0.8V to 5.0V
- ±1.5% output accuracy over full temperature range in PWM mode
- Selectable hysteresis mode or PWM operation mode
- Output current
- Up to 50 mA in hysteresis mode
- Up to 500 mA in PWM mode
- VOUTOK flag monitors the output voltage
- 100% duty cycle operation mode
- 2 MHz switching frequency with optional synchronization input from 1.5 MHz to 2.5 MHz
- QOD option
- UVLO, OCP, and TSD protection
- 9-ball, 1.65 mm × 1.87 mm WLCSP
- −40°C to +125°C junction temperature
The ADP5301 is a high efficiency, ultralow quiescent current step-down regulator that draws only a 180 nA quiescent current to regulate the output at no load.
The ADP5301 runs from an input startup voltage range of 2.15 V to 6.50 V, allowing the use of multiple alkaline/NiMH, Li-Ion cells, or other power sources. The output voltage is selectable from 0.8 V to 5.0 V by an external VID resistor and factory fuse. The total solution requires only four tiny external components.
The ADP5301 can operate between hysteresis mode and PWM mode via the SYNC/MODE pin. The regulator in hysteresis mode achieves excellent efficiency at a power of less than 1 mW and provides up to 50 mA of output current. The regulator in PWM mode produces a lower output ripple and supplies up to 500 mA of output current. The flexible configuration capability during operation of the device enables very efficient power management to meet both the longest battery life and low system noise requirements.
The ADP5301 contains a VOUTOK flag, which monitors the output voltage and runs at a 2 MHz switching frequency in PWM mode. SYNC/MODE can synchronize to an external clock from 1.5 MHz to 2.5 MHz.
Other key features in the ADP5301 include separate enabling, quick output discharge (QOD), and safety features such as overcurrent protection (OCP), thermal shutdown (TSD), and input undervoltage lockout (UVLO).
The ADP5301 is available in a 9-ball, 1.65 mm × 1.87 mm WLCSP rated for a −40°C to +125°C junction temperature range.
- Energy (gas and water) metering
- Portable and battery-powered equipment
- Medical applications
- Keep-alive power supplies
Markets & Technology
- Security and Surveillance
- Vital Signs Measurements
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) Measurement
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) Measurement
- Non-Invasive Blood Pressure (NIBP)
- Respiration Rate Measurement
- Oxygen Saturation (SpO2) Measurement
- Disease Management & Wellness
- Portable Blood Analyzer
- Body Composition, Hydration, Bio-Impedance Analysis
- Insulin Pump
- Activity Tracking & Fall Detection
- Wearable Health Monitor
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADP5301 is an ultralow power, synchronous step-down dc-to-dc regulator with a load switch in a 9-ball WLFCSP package. The ADP5301 runs from input voltages of 2.15 V to 6.50 V and requires minimal external components to provide a high efficiency solution with integrated power switch, synchronous rectifier, and internal compensation.
The ADP5301-EVALZ evaluation board provides an easy way to evaluate the device. This user guide describes how to quickly set up the board to collect performance data.
Complete information about the ADP5301 is available in the ADP5301 data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.