Features and Benefits
- Main input voltage range of 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- Two 1200 mA buck regulators and two 300 mA LDO regulators
- 24-lead, 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP package
- Regulator accuracy of ±1.8%
- Factory programmable or external adjustable VOUTx
- Precision enable pins for easier power sequencing
- Factory selectable power-good pin
- 3 MHz buck operation with forced PWM and automatic PWM/PSM modes
- BUCK1/BUCK2: output voltage range from 0.8 V to 3.8 V
- LDO1/LDO2: output voltage range from 0.8 V to 5.2 V
- LDO1/LDO2: input voltage range from 1.7 V to 5.5 V
- LDO1/LDO2: high PSRR and low output noise
Product DetailsThe ADP5134 combines two high performance buck regulators and two low dropout (LDO) regulators. It is available in a 24-lead 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP.
The high switching frequency of the buck regulators enables tiny multilayer external components and minimizes the board space. When the MODE pin is set to high, the buck regulators operate in forced pulse-width modulation (PWM) mode. When the MODE pin is set to low, the buck regulators operate in PWM mode when the load is above a predefined threshold. When the load current falls below a predefined threshold, the regulator operates in power save mode (PSM), improving the light load efficiency.
The two buck regulators operate out of phase to reduce the input capacitor requirement. The low quiescent current, low dropout voltage, and wide input voltage range of the ADP5134 LDO regulators extend the battery life of portable devices. The ADP5134 LDO regulators maintain power supply rejection greater than 60 dB for frequencies as high as 10 kHz while operating with a low headroom voltage of 500 mV.
Regulators in the ADP5134 are activated through dedicated enable pins. The default output voltages can be externally set in the adjustable version or factory programmable to a wide range of preset values in the fixed voltage version.
- Power for processors, application specific integrated circuits
(ASICs), field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), and
radio frequency (RF) chipsets
- Portable instrumentation and medical devices Space constrained devices
Markets & Technology
- Building Technology
- Security and Surveillance
- Industrial Automation Technology (IAT)
- Aerospace and Defense
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This user guide describes the hardware for the evaluation of the ADP5134 and includes detailed schematics and PCB layouts. The ADP5134 is available in a 24-lead 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP package.
The ADP5134 LFCSP evaluation board has two step-down regulators with two LDOs that enable evaluation of the ADP5134. The evaluation board is available with an adjustable voltage option.
Full details on the parts are provided in the ADP5134 data sheet.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.