Features and Benefits
- Wide input voltage range: 4.5 V to 15.0 V
- ±1.5% output accuracy over full temperature range
- 250 kHz to 1.4 MHz adjustable switching frequency
- Adjustable/fixed output options via factory fuse
- Power regulation
- Channel 1 and Channel 2: programmable 1.2 A/2.5 A/4 A sync buck regulators with low-side FET driver
- Channel 3 and Channel 4: 1.2 A sync buck regulators
- Single 8 A output (Channel 1 and Channel 2 operated in parallel)
- Precision enable with 0.8 V accurate threshold
- Active output discharge switch
- FPWM or automatic PWM/PSM selection
- Frequency synchronization input or output
- Optional latch-off protection on OVP/OCP failure
- Power-good flag on selected channels
- UVLO, OCP, and TSD protection
- Open-drain processor reset with external adjustable threshold monitoring
- Watchdog refresh input
- Manual reset input
The ADP5053 combines four high performance buck regulators, a supervisory circuit, a watchdog timer, and a manual reset in a 48-lead LFCSP package that meets demanding performance and board space requirements. The device enables direct connection to high input voltages up to 15.0 V with no preregulators.
Channel 1 and Channel 2 integrate high-side power MOSFET and low-side MOSFET drivers. External NFETs can be used in low-side power devices to achieve an efficiency optimized solution and deliver a programmable output current of 1.2 A, 2.5 A, or 4 A. Combining Channel 1 and Channel 2 in a parallel configuration can provide a single output with up to 8 A of current.
Channel 3 and Channel 4 integrate both high-side and low-side MOSFETs to deliver an output current of 1.2 A.
The switching frequency of the ADP5053 can be programmed or synchronized to an external clock. The ADP5053 contains a precision enable pin on each channel for easy power-up sequencing or adjustable UVLO threshold.
The ADP5053 contains supervisory circuits that monitor the voltage level. The watchdog timer can generate a reset if the WDI pin is not toggled within a preset timeout period. Processor reset mode or system power on/off switch mode can be selected for manual reset functionality.
- Small cell base stations
- FPGA and processor applications
- Security and surveillance
- Medical applications
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This page contains evaluation board ordering information for evaluating the ADP5053.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Microsoft Excel download tool from ADIsimPower to generate a power supply design complete with a schematic, bill of materials, and performance specifications.
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Press Releases (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.