New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- Very low quiescent current
IQ = 590 nA with 0 µA load
IQ = 890 nA with 1 µA load
- Maintains very low quiescent current in dropout (pass through mode):
IQ_DROP = 720 nA with 0 µA load
IQ_DROP = 1200 nA with 1 µA load
- Stable with 1 µF ± 30% ceramic input and output capacitors
- Maximum load current: ILOAD_MAX: 150 mA
- Input voltage range: 2.2 V to 5.5 V
- Low shutdown current: 50 nA typical
- Low dropout voltage: 120 mV at 150 mA load
- Initial output voltage accuracy: ±1%
- Accuracy over line, load, and temperature: ±3.5%
- 7 fixed output voltage options: 1.2 V to 3.3 V
- Adjustable output option can be set from 1.2 V to 4.2 V
- See data sheet for additional features
The ADP165/ADP166 are very low quiescent current, low dropout, linear regulator that operate from 2.2 V to 5.5 V and provides up to 150 mA of output current. The low 120 mV dropout voltage at 150 mA load improves efficiency and allows operation over a wide input voltage range.
The ADP165/ADP166 are specifically designed for stable operation with a tiny 1 µF ± 30% ceramic input and output capacitors to meet the requirements of high performance, space-constrained applications.
The ADP165/ADP166 are available in seven fixed output voltage options, ranging from 1.2 V to 3.3 V, and an adjustable output option. The ADP165 also include a switched resistor to discharge the output automatically when the LDO is disabled. The ADP166 is identical to the ADP165, but does not include the output discharge function.
Short-circuit and thermal overload protection circuits prevent damage in adverse conditions. The ADP165/ADP166 are available in a tiny 5-lead TSOT, a 6-lead LFCSP and a 4-ball, 0.5 mm pitch WLCSP package for the smallest footprint solution to meet a variety of portable power applications.
- Portable and battery-powered equipment
- Post dc-to-dc regulation
- Portable medical devices
- Wireless sensor network (WSN) devices
Markets and Technologies
- Vital Signs Measurements
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) Measurement
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) Measurement
- Non-Invasive Blood Pressure (NIBP)
- Respiration Rate Measurement
- Oxygen Saturation (SpO2) Measurement
- Disease Management & Wellness
- Body Composition, Hydration, Bioimpedance Analysis
- Insulin Pump
- Activity Tracking & Fall Detection
- Wearable Health Monitor
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The ADP165/ADP166 evaluation boards are used to demonstrate the functionality of the ADP165/ADP166 series of linear regulators.
Simple device measurements such as line and load regulation, dropout voltage, and ground current can be demonstrated with only a single voltage supply, a voltmeter, an ammeter, and load resistors.
Complete specifications for the ADP165/ADP166 linear regulators are available in the ADP165/ADP166 data sheet available from Analog Devices, Inc., and should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation boards.
Features & Benefits
- Input voltage range: 2.2 V to 5.5 V
- Output current range: 0 mA to 150 mA
- Output voltage accuracy: ±1%
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
The ADMX1002 is an ultra-low distortion sinewave and high-resolution arbitrary waveform generator. This high-performance module demonstrates a proprietary digital pre-distortion algorithm that reduces signal distortion below levels that can be achieved with high-performance digital-to-analog converters (DAC) and amplifiers alone. Its differential output can be set to common-mode levels often required to test high-performance analog-to-digital converters (ADC), audio codecs, and other audio ICs and systems. With an easy-to-use SPI interface and small-form factor, the ADMX1002 can be easily embedded into test systems, or simply used on the bench for measurement and characterization.
- High-end audio test
- Analog-to-digital converter characterization and test
- Sensor and transducer test
- Frequency response and network analysis
Features & Benefits
- Ultra-low distortion, high-resolution source
- DC to 40kHz
- Proprietary digital pre-distortion (DPD) algorithm
- –130dBc THD @ 1kHz (typ.)
- Arbitrary waveform generation (AWG) with on-board pattern memory
- Differential (balanced) output up to 3.6VRMS
- Fast pattern switching between multiple stored waveforms
- Small form-factor (60mm x 40mm)
- Low power, 1W typ. (quiescent)
- SPI interface for integration into test and measurement systems
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
Microsoft Excel download tool from ADIsimPower to generate a power supply design complete with a schematic, bill of materials, and performance specifications.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.